Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • renewablefuture
    • Jun 2016

Calling all Solar Panel Installers

I've decided to stop working for my boss and setup my own solar panel installation company in the UK. However, I am a little dry on work at the moment for been a new startup.

Do any of you have any ideas on how to win more new work ? Also, for any solar panel installers in the UK, have you used The Renewable Energy Hub ?

I know my boss used to get a steady stream of work through this place but the only down side is that you have to pay and I am really on a tight budget at the moment with been a startup.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks guys
  • Raul
    Solar Fanatic
    • May 2015

First of all it will masively depend where you are located demographicly speaking. Secondly are you affiliated to REA? Renewable Energy asociation. You need to be on that to offer any credibility to your customers. A very good eficient way on chipping in the market is to get Chass accredited and sub out from big boys that are already established , it takes 2-3 years of hard work to gain any meaningful customer base. I'm not trying to put you down but once with feed tariff slashed the domestic marked has been reduced to nothing . Most of installs now are big commercial companies that are well off and invest they profits into solar .
    One example , John Lewis and River Island have huge wherehouses in Magna Park . I managed to get 248 mw from a London based company, it kind of works of who you know . You alone will not win those contracts but as they are at diferent level. Go to seminars and meet up with traders and try to establish connections , eco shows and so on . Try to convert leads into jobs , nobody will do it for you , you have to learn how to market it and make yourself known.

Comment

Working...