LADWP permission to turn on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LADWP permission to turn on

Why does LADWP make you wait to turn on your system. I got a email that says I have to wait 6 weeks for the net meter to be installed before turning on. Anyone here just run on prior to net meter being

You can turn it on but everything you generate you pay for it, the current meter does not care which way the electricity is flowing, one kw out and one kw in you get charged for 2 kw.

Comment

I've played with it for the 10 hours I'm allowed, but I don't notice the numbers increasing at all. They also aren't decreasing, I'm already on Time of Use. I just don't want to get into trouble for using, I guess I should prob just wait the 6 weeks. Ugh

Comment

Is this always true about paying double? My meter shows power going the opposite direction when it gets sunny enough and the instant kw number goes negative. or if cloudy I still show incoming power but less of it.

Comment

I just got my array hooked up and tried to turn it on during the day, before getting approval from the utility (SDG&E rather than LADWP.) SDG&E has a a web page showing hourly/daily energy use. For the hours when the array was at full power, the web page is showing zero energy use. Total daily use shown in the page is consistent with getting no credit for power sent back into the grid (it was quite definitely doing that, the meter was showing in excess of 2 kW being sent into the grid some of the time.)

Comment

I have LADWP. Turning on before they approved caused meter to run backwards, it was cute.

6 weeks is worst case. It took them less than two weeks to turn mine on, iirc.

Comment

LADWP turned on my system in less than a week from final approval. Nice Job LADWP

Its great watching the KW's build as credit. Awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by DanKegel View Post
                I have LADWP. Turning on before they approved caused meter to run backwards, it was cute.

6 weeks is worst case. It took them less than two weeks to turn mine on, iirc.
                Having the number you see count down does not guarantee that the numbers the billing software reads will give you a fair deal if POCO has not changed the settings in your account.
                SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

My first bill was the minimum charge, even though only part of the period was with the right meter,
                  so it doesn't seem to have hurt me none.

Comment

Originally posted by DanKegel View Post
                    My first bill was the minimum charge, even though only part of the period was with the right meter,
                    so it doesn't seem to have hurt me none.
                    Have been able to determine how much extra generation you get from those bi panels?

Comment

Working...
                    X