Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cay bound
    • Nov 2015

Magnum MS4024AE post hurricane Joaquin in bahamas

Hey folks, just got smashed by Joaquin and still no power. Finally time to get my inherited (from my ex) solar system going after collecting some needed OCPDs from the states. I am hoping that I can power my small fridge, water jet pump, cell phone and a few lights for now. Even after power is restored, I hope to offset our very expensive power during the day with some solar energy and be ready for our frequent outages. In addition, we can get regular voltage drops that are well known for killing refrigerators, etc. I am hoping to set the parameters on the Magnasine to catch these as well.
    I have lived off-off grid on tiny islands for years, but have POCO power here. My ex was the solar guy in the past so I am playing catch up here, And although I have operated this equipment, my knowledge base is small. POCO does not meter or buy back any juice. I will wire in the inverter (to a critical load subpanel) using 50A plugs and receptacles ala a rig I saw OBXSOL institute on YOUTube which allows the inverter to be bypassed in case of failure. My plan was to use a new run of 6g wire, out from the inverter receptacle/plug to the main lugs of the subpanel, eliminating the need for an interlock breaker. Doable?
    I have:
    Four 200 watt 12v panels that I'll wire for my 24v system
    Xantrex C60 PWM CC
    Four 225 ah 6v AGM fullriver batteries to wired at 24v
    Magnum ms4024ae inverter
    Midnight solar mndc e-box with breakers, shunt and GFP

How does that look to the experts? Will I be able to run some of my loads off solar during the days to lower my power bill and protect myself from our outages and voltage dips? Is my subpanel hookup ok?
    TIA
Working...