X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • travissand
    Solar Fanatic
    • Feb 2018

Originally posted by loobosh
    If anyone has a non working M5 I would like to buy the 3 circuit board that are inside. Easy to remove and ship, 350 for them, recycle the rest.
    I might be able to help last year I got a hold of the engineer that designed these and he said he had a bunch of boards he didn't want to throw away. Are you still in need of the boards? I could really use the software. I have the v3 beacon power software and although it has nice charting and I have the unlocked version it won't change the set points in these old Advanced Energy units. I'd like the am-200 Monitor and the PC-200 software or the doss software or whatever it is that will let me change the voltage set points. Ssanderstravis at the g mail

Comment

• pellets4fuel
      • Oct 2014

Travis, Little confused about where things are at with the whole software thing. What is it that loobosh put into the drop box thing or whatever it's called? Not too smart on the computer Sounds like using as a stand alone inverter isn't an issue. It would be nice not to have to fork out money for another MPPT, but I may be asking the MPPT in the mm5000 to do more than it can anyway. The Voc on my 185w panels is 44.75, and I was going to do 4 strings of 2 into a combiner so I would be about 90v Voc at 20ish amps. Factor in Hyper Voc like Midnight goes into, and I could be at 112 or a little better on a -40F day up here in WI. Max input on the unit is 120. Could be cutting it too close. Still though would have been nice to start with it, and could always pull the plug on the solar if I knew we were expecting something that cold. Going to be using wind as well.
      I'm not super smart on the different batteries requiring different charging voltages and cycle patterns, but learning. I suppose it's possible whoever initially installed this inverter had changed up the parameters. Won't know until i would power it up though, unless the guy who took it in on trade remembers the situation. Who is it at Beacon you have been talking to? I have been emailing with Dick Hockney. No one there has the software needed?
      David

Comment

• loobosh
        • Mar 2015

Originally posted by travissand

I might be able to help last year I got a hold of the engineer that designed these and he said he had a bunch of boards he didn't want to throw away. Are you still in need of the boards? I could really use the software. I have the v3 beacon power software and although it has nice charting and I have the unlocked version it won't change the set points in these old Advanced Energy units. I'd like the am-200 Monitor and the PC-200 software or the doss software or whatever it is that will let me change the voltage set points. Ssanderstravis at the g mail
        Tried to email but says fail. I have all 3 software. Had a Dropbox link but they updated their site so no longer works. Only had luck with the msdos version to change setpoints. I'm in central Florida see you are in HI.
        Last edited by loobosh; 03-10-2019, 10:13 PM.

Comment

• pellets4fuel
          • Oct 2014

loobosh, Are you trying to reach out to both of us? My email is pellets4fuel@yahoo.com

Comment

• loobosh
            • Mar 2015

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y7ximchp3d...TWARE.rar?dl=0 let me know if the link works.
            Last edited by loobosh; 03-10-2019, 08:45 PM.

Comment

• loobosh
              • Mar 2015

Do you have a picture of the boards, I need the small ones that plug into the main board.

Comment

• travissand
                Solar Fanatic
                • Feb 2018

Tried to email but says fail. I have all 3 software. Had a Dropbox link but they updated their site so no longer works. Only had luck with the msdos version to change setpoints. I'm in central Florida see you are in HI.
                One of your emails worked I got the Dropbox link from you in my Gmail account and I see you posted it here as well. Awesome thank you! I've been procrastinating on getting the software for so long my batteries are sulfated already. My inverters actually came with a CD but I can't find it for the life of me.

Comment

• travissand
                  Solar Fanatic
                  • Feb 2018

Do you have a picture of the boards, I need the small ones that plug into the main board.
                  I don't have any pictures I'll contact him and see what boards he has left.

Comment

• loobosh
                    • Mar 2015

One of your emails worked I got the Dropbox link from you in my Gmail account and I see you posted it here as well. Awesome thank you! I've been procrastinating on getting the software for so long my batteries are sulfated already. My inverters actually came with a CD but I can't find it for the life of me.
                    Ok good if you need help email me your #. the trick is to have a windows 98 computer with com port, start the setup.exe. it is beaconpower let it run for a minute then close it and run MMC102M.exe you will have 2 minutes to put your setpoint address in, for Battery float it would be P 0x42 560 enter ( 56 volts). To find out what it is set at g 0x42 enter. P 0x68 0 keeps you factory mode forever.
                    Last edited by loobosh; 11-08-2019, 11:51 PM.

Comment

• travissand
                      Solar Fanatic
                      • Feb 2018

Here is a link to the place where I store every file I have about these old AE MM3000 & MM5000 inverters. Here you will find different versions of Beacon power software, Advanced Energy Doss software, manuals, setpoint data files, photos of my units, Links to the rs485 hardware I bought & more.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...QT?usp=sharing

Keep in mind that this links to a mix of Advanced Energy and Beacon power software and literature. Beacon power bought out Advanced Energy and so a lot of the beacon software and literature does not work correctly with the older Advanced Energy units but is still very helpful. The Dos software is Advanced Energy software and Works to change the voltage set points on the older Advanced Energy inverters. We're still working on finding the Advanced Energy Windows software or making the beacon Software work better with the Advanced Energy inverter.

Files from loobosh's drop box link can also be found at my link.

Beacon Smart power inverter Software manuals and setpoint files for newer beacon inverters v3.0.rar.
                      Beacon Smart Power inverter Software v1.8.zip.
                      Smart Power Monitor Manual Rev 4.pdf.
                      Mm5000 manual DOC N20003 REV C MM install rev 2.3c.doc.
                      How to unlock the Beacon software.
                      MMCOMcmds.doc.
                      About the CTs.doc.
                      DRAFT of the setpoint description appendix of the technical manual in progress.doc.
                      MM Mode Transitions.doc.
                      MMA-17 MM Installation Kit rev. 1.0.doc.
                      MM5VX.csv.
                      MM5VV200.CSV.
                      MM5VV.csv.
                      MM3VX.csv.
                      MMCOMM.INI.

Last edited by travissand; 03-11-2019, 06:07 AM.

Comment

• loobosh
                        • Mar 2015

61208591_1207753959395453_4408370040525553664_n.jpgVideos put up on how to change set points without having a key, works on Advanced Energy and Beacon Power inverters but not the plus versions.If you do P 0x68 0 it will says unlocked in factory mode forever, link by Travissand lots of info in there.

Last edited by loobosh; 06-20-2019, 12:07 AM.

Comment

• gregbrew
                          • Jun 2019

I have a Beacon M5, manufactured in 2004 and installed shortly after. It was installed to replace an Advanced Energy MM5000 that self-destructed. I'd like to thank you all for taking the time to post the previous thread info. It's proven to be invaluable for basic troubleshooting.

My M5 is doing the 'ol Run double flash and Aux3 relay click scenario. Battery pack is good, and the thermal probe is in place. I suspect this one is all about the FETs failing due to the fans failing first. I did zero maintenance on the fans in 15 years (I know, "derp a derp"), which is why I suspect that they started the failure cascade. I'd like to repair it, replacing the Fans, the FETs, the diodes and electrolytic capacitors that have probably dried out. I'm pretty handy with a scope, meter and soldering iron, as I'm what I like to call a "Recovering Engineer". (EE in 1979.) What I could really use is a schematic. Anybody got a line on one? I'm going to reach out to Dick Hockney at Beacon, but thought I'd try here first. I'm in Huntington Beach, CA.

Comment

• loobosh
                            • Mar 2015

I do not think they ever released a schematic But if you get it from Dick Hockney please share . Do you have a computer hooked up, mine was blinking twice this morning just need to click the auto button, the storms yesterday must of messed it up.
                            Last edited by loobosh; 06-13-2019, 04:45 PM.

Comment

• gregbrew
                              • Jun 2019

I do not think they ever released a schematic But if you get it from Dick Hockney please share . Do you have a computer hooked up, mine was blinking twice this morning just need to click the auto button, the storms yesterday must of messed it up.
                              I have a laptop with Windows 2000 on it that has worked with the M5's software in the past, but the battery is toast, and I need to rebuild it. That may be task one, to get more info on the M5's condition. I'll certainly share anything I get from Mr. Hockney (with permission).

Edit 6/14/19 : Mr. Hockney quickly and graciously responded to my e-mail, said he'd look for schematics, and asked what my M5 was doing. Outstanding! I'll update with more as it develops.
                              Last edited by gregbrew; 06-14-2019, 02:44 PM.

Comment

• Rossasaurus
                                • Dec 2018

Hi,
                                I'm just checking-in to see if anyone has found any Schematics for the MM5000 units? or even the 3kw?
                                I received one from a friend who said it didn't work, but he didn't know the specific issue.
                                I have yet to connect to my HV Power Supply to see what happens?
                                Maybe this weekend.
                                I'm in the SF Bay Area.
                                Thanks

Comment

Working...