If anyone looking for Advanced Energy MM5000 inverter software

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rollug
    • Dec 2015

Can you send it to me too ? It would be really helpful ja.piotr.borATgmail.com
    Thank you in advance.​
    [url]http://easysolar.co/[/url]

Comment

• BIOELECTRIC1
      • Jan 2016

BOUGHT MULTIMODE SYSTEM TODAY 01-02--2016 SO NEEDING SOFTWARE ESPECIALLY.. HAVE OLD WIN 98 LAPTOPS WORKING
      LOOBOSH PELLET4FUEL CAN U HELP? MY EMAIL BIOELECTRIC1--AT--GMAIL.COM
      THANKS for any help...)

Comment

• BIOELECTRIC1
        • Jan 2016

Multimode ae-mm-5000 from advanced energy systems-- patents bought by beacon
        has mm5000 inverter inside tag says mm5 ma-bc ser1078
        other tag ae-mm-5000 complete box with breakers... Can't figure how to get pix attatched here...yet

need software ? Rs485 interface

Comment

• loobosh
          • Mar 2015

sent to BIOELECTRIC1 have fun.

Comment

• fromport
            • Jan 2010

I would like it as well, I have one, that supposedly worked 2 years ago when it was removed from a home. Recently picked up some lead acid batteries and would love the software.
            My name on the forum @gmail please.

Comment

• loobosh
              • Mar 2015

Sent to fromport if you need help just ask.

Comment

• loobosh
                • Mar 2015

Ok got a Used M5 Plus works great, an ex-military unit. The removable chip is now Integrated non removable, so no more changing setpoints. Problem I have is the float and bulk charge is set to 52 volts. The MPPT is set to 54 volts only way to change it is with the battery wizard software from what I read in manual, which I do not have. What batteries have a Float and charge at 52 volts seems low? So if you have the M5 plus software would much like to have a copy.
                Last edited by loobosh; 05-01-2016, 10:26 AM.

Comment

• loobosh
                  • Mar 2015

If anyone has a non working M5 I would like to buy the 3 circuit board that are inside. Easy to remove and ship, 150 for them, recycle the rest.
                  Last edited by loobosh; 03-10-2019, 08:37 PM.

Comment

• loobosh
                    • Mar 2015

Ok got a hold of smart power monitor V3.0 with battery wizard no help still have to contact beacon to get code. Guess they did not think of the existing customer when they made these. KWh Exported today, SOC % was added to the software see picture.

new software https://www.dropbox.com/s/l0hvu88yuq62dqe/v3.0.rar?dl=0

Members beware - we (SPT) have no idea what is waiting for your computer at dropbox. Just be careful
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by loobosh; 12-15-2019, 10:32 AM.

Comment

• travissand
                      Solar Fanatic
                      • Feb 2018

Originally posted by loobosh
                      Ok got a hold of smart power monitor V3.0 with battery wizard no help still have to contact beacon to get code. Guess they did not think of the existing customer when they made these, then stopped supporting them. KWh $ SOC % was added to the software see picture.
                      Link Deleted - Mod
                      I contacted Beacon and they gave me the code. The software gives a different code every time you turn it on but once you input the code that matches the current code it won't ask you for the code anymore. Unfortunately even though I have done this I still cannot change the setpoints with the V3 software from Beacon power. I guess it doesn't work on my Advanced Energy mm 3000. When I try to load the spreadsheet with all the setpoints it says the format is incorrect. And the button to pull the setpoints out of the inverter is grayed out. Most of the charting and tracking Parts work except only while the laptop is connected. It won't pull the data that was logged within the inverter. So I have to leave the laptop on 24/7. I need the dos software, does anyone here still have it?
                      Last edited by travissand; 04-01-2018, 10:40 PM.

Comment

• travissand
                        Solar Fanatic
                        • Feb 2018

Originally posted by loobosh
                        Is it the MM5000 manual or Beacon, did it before I read your post, here are 3 pages that they left out if the Beacon manuals.
                        We get 7 flashes trouble code when it shuts down but seems the only do it when the voltage is low. But code 7 is not the low voltage shutdown code. It says other fault need to connect to a computer to figure it out but we don't have the code yet for the monitoring software so we're only a quote on quote user with no admin authorities

Comment

• pellets4fuel
                          • Oct 2014

I wanted to post on this after all this time. Hopefully it will get read by the participants. I have yet to get my used mm5000 up and running. Just got put on the back burner. I want to get it all up and functioning this spring/summer finally. My wind turbine, and 1500w of solar. Little concerned if the inverter is even going to work right especially if it is at factory settings and the voltages setting are messed up like Loobosh stated above. I bought mine used from a installer who took it in on trade. He replaced it because the grid connection portion wasn't working, but rest was (that's the story anyway) He said he bench tested it on his 48v battery, and it worked fine. I'm starting to wonder if I got *****. Anyway, I have manuals for both the mm5000, and the m5. I have a guy at Beacon I talk to, and he has even sent me a few things, but no software, just charts and jiberish type stuff that looks like programming lines.

My original intent was to use the inverter portion only. Manuals make no mention of using it in this stand alone mode. I would like to hook my solar up to the MPPT but if the set points are all whacky that may not work. Not to mention I read on another old thread issues someone had with the mm5000 overheating. It sounds like the diodes burnt up though on the battery connect in his case. Sounds like he was running two 48 volt banks using two inverters, and putting two much into each inverter because the banks were tied together rather than each one dedicated to each inverter. Don't know.....
                          Sure would like to get my hands on the computer software that would allow me to get into the unit and check set points. I for sure would like to lower the fan on set point to help with the overheating issue the mm5000 reportedly had. Beacon actually looks like they added better cooling to the thing.
                          I may even be interested in selling it, and moving onto something that has support, just because I don't know enough about these things. Tech support would be good for me I think. Not sure what it would even be worth?
                          David (my profile name just add @yahoo.com)
                          Last edited by pellets4fuel; 03-09-2019, 09:35 PM.

Comment

• travissand
                            Solar Fanatic
                            • Feb 2018

Originally posted by pellets4fuel
                            . Not to mention I read on another old thread issues someone had with the mm5000 overheating. Not sure what it would even be worth?
                            David (my profile name just add @yahoo.com)
                            the guy who had the overheating problem was stacking two like you said and they were conflicting with each other. The manufacturer put out a technical service bulletin in the newer manual warning not to do this until they updated the firmware. If I were you I wouldn't worry about overheating. It'll work awesome as a inverter like you planned. A huge heavy old school inverter that will probably never die. I talked to one of the engineers that designed these and realized they're built pretty strong.

As far as the voltage set points on the mppt charge controller the voltages will be fine as long as you buy the correct but more expensive batteries that are happy with the lower voltages. if you've already got flooded lead acids that need higher voltages then you'll have to use a different charge controller unless somebody pipes up with the old software for us so we can change the voltage set points.

My 1st mm3000 up at the cabin is still working great and actually working a lot better now with my more efficient refrigerator and I'm not draining my battery so dead that the inverter shuts down any longer.

At home I'm about to hook up my mm5000 or probably my spare mm3000. I'm curently using a 5kw pv, sw4024 inverter with 36 kilowatt hours of batteries. I just got a bunch of good panels and AGM batteries from a yard sale I'd like to tie them to the mmm3000 and send the AC from it over to the AC input of the sw4024. I'm a little worried about this anyone have some thoughts on that?

Comment

• travissand
                              Solar Fanatic
                              • Feb 2018

Here's the part about the tandem series operation and Generator support being unavailable. I figured out when I hooked up the generator it won't charge the batteries but it does pass the power through to the house. It seems like I may need the AE software to teach the inverter how large that generator is before it will use it to charge the batteries?
                              Attached Files

Comment

• travissand
                                Solar Fanatic
                                • Feb 2018

Page 8 states that out of the box it's designed to work with sealed maintenance-free lead acid batteries. Herein lies the problem. These inverters were not originally programmed for flooded lead-acid batteries. It seems by the low charging voltage that they were designed to use sealed gel batteries which do not fare well with daily cycling because there's not enough Sun hours in the day to properly charge them slowly like they require. However they work great when they're used for emergency power backup because they basically stay floating all the time & are rarely discharged. I thought it was a AGM's that required lower voltages but I was wrong my batteries are not a good match for the mm3000 stock charge controller voltage set points.

It also says it will charge the batteries from the grid so I may as well hook my generator to the grid input on the inverter but it's frustrating because it says charging happens when the batteries are substantially discharged. What if I don't want to substantially discharge my batteries? If it assumes my generator is the grid it might pull more power than my generator can handle. It won't try and Export power to my generator because it'll only be running when it's dark outside. I'd really love to get in there and tweak these settings.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by travissand; 03-11-2019, 03:36 AM.

Comment

Working...