Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Required - Solar Energy College Project

Hi All,

I'm into final semester of Engg., & i chosen solar energy implementation as my final year project.
    & here i'm, to get some more technical knowledge about solar energy generation & installation.

like,

1. How much energy is generated with 1 Sq.Mt. solar panel, in how much time & its efficiency.
    2. Whats the Weight of 1 Sq.Mt. Solar Panel.
    3. whats are the structural requirement for solar panels installation.
    4. Whats the lifetime of solar panels.
    5. Whats the approx. cost of 1 Sq.Mt. Solar Panel.

Thanks in Advance
    Ashish

Originally posted by erashish14 View Post
    Hi All,

I'm into final semester of Engg., & i chosen solar energy implementation as my final year project.
    & here i'm, to get some more technical knowledge about solar energy generation & installation.

like,

1. How much energy is generated with 1 Sq.Mt. solar panel, in how much time & its efficiency.
    2. Whats the Weight of 1 Sq.Mt. Solar Panel.
    3. whats are the structural requirement for solar panels installation.
    4. Whats the lifetime of solar panels.
    5. Whats the approx. cost of 1 Sq.Mt. Solar Panel.

Thanks in Advance
    Ashish
    Ashish: you should be able to find most of this information from the manufacturer's data sheet for a solar panel. Many manufacturers put their data sheets online so they are easy to find. A few minutes with Google will be faster and more reliable than posting in an online forum and getting responses from random yahoos on the Internet.

But since I like to be helpful, I've done your work for you:

1) 1.21 gigawatts
    2) As light as a baby's first breath
    3) Most solar panels come with Lego-compatible connections on the back. Once a Lego baseplate is mounted on the roof, the panels just snap in place, along with any accessories like turbine engines, lightsabers, or pulse cannons.
    4) Solar panel warranties are usually for 20-25 years, except Enphase microinverters which have a MTBF of about 27 minutes.
    5) The price varies minute-by-minute based on trading on the New York Solar Exchange. Check the Wall Street Journal website for current quotes.

If you need to provide a source for this information in your college project, you can cite this as coming from "A random yahoo on the Internet."

Cheers!
    16x TenK 410W modules + 14x TenK 500W inverters

Comment

Working...
    X