X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • J.P.M.
    Solar Fanatic
    • Aug 2013

New Sunpower monitoring system.

I just got my first taste of the new Sunpower monitoring system. IMO, it's a real P.O.S. out of the box. anyone else have any thoughts ? I sent S.P. a less than stellar review as a courtesy, but expect no response. Guess I'm now in the market for a new monitoring system. Any recommendations ?
  • DreInMD
    • Dec 2013

Originally posted by J.P.M.
    I just got my first taste of the new Sunpower monitoring system. IMO, it's a real P.O.S. out of the box. anyone else have any thoughts ? I sent S.P. a less than stellar review as a courtesy, but expect no response. Guess I'm now in the market for a new monitoring system. Any recommendations ?
    Did you log into the advanced page that gives you a lot more detail?

Comment

• Ian S
      Solar Fanatic
      • Sep 2011

What's the difference between the new and the old? I assume I have the old which via the advanced window provides pretty much all the downloadable data I could want at five minute intervals. I also discovered that it has local storage of data which I found out after my internet was down for 9 hours this past weekend. Everything was recovered by the next day.

Comment

• J.P.M.
        Solar Fanatic
        • Aug 2013

Originally posted by DreInMD
        Did you log into the advanced page that gives you a lot more detail?

https://www.sunpowermonitor.com/partner/partner.aspx#
        That's what I usually use and it seems fine, but the old dumbed down page seems new and quite limited. Don't want that happening to the 5 min. intervals but my trust S.P. tech support to leave well enough alone is not great. I'm out of town til Sat. Wil see what happens than.

Comment

• J.P.M.
          Solar Fanatic
          • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Ian S
          What's the difference between the new and the old? I assume I have the old which via the advanced window provides pretty much all the downloadable data I could want at five minute intervals. I also discovered that it has local storage of data which I found out after my internet was down for 9 hours this past weekend. Everything was recovered by the next day.
          Thanx Ian. I got this e-mail from S.P. last week about a super duper new monitoring layout - best thing since sliced bread, etc.etc, and ignored it as long as possible - then, it appeared. my concern is that they will now screw with the 5 min. interval data and make it as bad as what they did to the already dumbed down stuff. So far, the 5 min. stiff seems OK, but my cynical self says it will only be a matter of time. Just wondering if anyone else had similar experiences w/S.P.

Comment

• Ian S
            Solar Fanatic
            • Sep 2011

Thanx Ian. I got this e-mail from S.P. last week about a super duper new monitoring layout - best thing since sliced bread, etc.etc, and ignored it as long as possible - then, it appeared. my concern is that they will now screw with the 5 min. interval data and make it as bad as what they did to the already dumbed down stuff. So far, the 5 min. stiff seems OK, but my cynical self says it will only be a matter of time. Just wondering if anyone else had similar experiences w/S.P.
            Yipes, now I see what you mean. I rarely use the simple monitoring - just the advanced - now the simple monitoring (old version I guess) is no longer accessible just a new "Dashboard" version. I also see that there appears to be no access to the "Advanced" version from the dashboard. I suspect the advanced version's days are numbered. I never received any info about the change.

Comment

• russ
              Solar Fanatic
              • Jul 2009

Kind of like Enphase - Accounting (this costs money) won out over Marketing (neat bait or sales gimmick)?
              [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

• Ian S
                Solar Fanatic
                • Sep 2011

Originally posted by russ
                Kind of like Enphase - Accounting (this costs money) won out over Marketing (neat bait or sales gimmick)?
                Except they still provide the data in some form and presumably it cost them money to redo the webpage. Although the download function appears to be broken from what I can tell. So far I still have access to the advanced section where I get all the data I can use.

Comment

Working...