X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • steveyD
    • Dec 2023

Hello from Spain.

Ho everyone. my first step into greener energy did not go too well. So now i am trying to educate myself and make my system work for me.
  • Rade
    • Aug 2023

Hello, SteveyD! This forum will certainly be helpful. How did your first effort go; what went sideways?
    Rade Radosevich-Slay
    Tiverton, RI

Comment

• steveyD
      • Dec 2023

Hello Rade. its would be easier to list what went correct lol. I purchased a complete system in Spain and the person who fitted it didnt even speak Spanish never mind English. I ended up with no idea how to use or control anything. plus anytimeI asked anyone for help. they just looked blank and said they have never dealt with modern style systems before. I have a buffer tank fed by solar and a wood burner stove. this then is supposed to feed a underfloor heating system. after six years just about every heatube on my evacuated solar tubes had failed all 36 of them . they all broke and the pipes were corroded at the base. To replace the tubes was going to be more expensive than buying two new systems. I just didnt realise going green just meant pay lots of green money for nothing. i am now trying to learn and teach myself. wish me luck

Comment

• Rade
        • Aug 2023

Originally posted by steveyD
        Hello Rade. its would be easier to list what went correct lol. I purchased a complete system in Spain and the person who fitted it didnt even speak Spanish never mind English. I ended up with no idea how to use or control anything. plus anytimeI asked anyone for help. they just looked blank and said they have never dealt with modern style systems before. I have a buffer tank fed by solar and a wood burner stove. this then is supposed to feed a underfloor heating system. after six years just about every heatube on my evacuated solar tubes had failed all 36 of them . they all broke and the pipes were corroded at the base. To replace the tubes was going to be more expensive than buying two new systems. I just didnt realise going green just meant pay lots of green money for nothing. i am now trying to learn and teach myself. wish me luck
        That does sound like a bit of a mess! Sorry to hear, and yes, best of luck! I hope you can find a better installer and salvage something of that prior project!
        Rade Radosevich-Slay
        Tiverton, RI

Comment

• J.P.M.
          Solar Fanatic
          • Aug 2013

Originally posted by steveyD
          Ho everyone. my first step into greener energy did not go too well. So now i am trying to educate myself and make my system work for me.
          So, after the "ready, shoot, aim" method of progress, what measures are you planning to educate yourself ? What's your plan ?

Comment

Working...