X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Corytrade
    • Oct 2022

Northern California new to solar

Hello,

I live in northern CA, I have PG&E and another smaller company, Pioneer. PG&E delivers the energy, Pioneer creates it. I am planning to build an ADU on my property, and the county (I think state actually) requires solar on the main home or the ADU. While ADU solar is cheaper, I would benefit more on my main home. Planning on ~6kw system, roof mounted, grid tie. Considering 18 REC Solar N-PEAK 2 Black Series 370 Watt panels, Sunny Boy 6.0 string inverter (DC/AC 1.11:1, 2 arrays/strings of 9 panels), and RSD-S-PLC(MC4) rapid shut downs. Information I am trying to determine is best roof mounting rails, clips, etc.

I would appreciate any comments on the panel and inverter setup. I have pieced it all together based on internet reading, and would welcome comments on potential issues.

-Cory
  • J.P.M.
    Solar Fanatic
    • Aug 2013

I wanted the best protection against future leaks and max. clearance roof deck to bottom of panel for several reasons.
    I used posts and double flashing. Not a cheap out, but no problems after 9+ years.
    Attachment methods that result in little/no clearance inhibit cell cooling and decrease performance besides inhibiting under panel access.

Comment

Working...