X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike26ln
    • Jun 2022

Sunpower remove the panels stickers 21 of them. Why?

Sunpower remove the stickers of each panel 21 of them. I don’t know what I got please help. After 2 month talking to everyone. Tier 3 told me is normal. The sticker it’s not meant to be remove easily. Cause it left residue. What do I do I don’t know what I gotten ???plus can’t view the power of the solar in the app cause they are out of stock of the system that I need for the app.
  • Ampster
    Solar Fanatic
    • Jun 2017

Often when panels are part of a warranty claim the stickers are removed. The panels are the supposed to be destroyed. That may be the reason they have no labels.
    9 kW solar, 42kWh LFP storage. EV owner since 2012

Comment

• J.P.M.
      Solar Fanatic
      • Aug 2013

Besides you have panels that don't have identifying labels, I'm having trouble understanding a lot of what you write.

Let's start with: Who did you get them from ?

Comment

• azdave
        • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Ampster
        Often when panels are part of a warranty claim the stickers are removed. The panels are the supposed to be destroyed. That may be the reason they have no labels.
        Agree. When warranty labels, serial numbers or other tags that uniquely identify an item have been removed or obliterated, it is almost always because someone is selling an item that they don't want the factory (or you) to be able to look up and track the history. It is very likely those panels were supposed to be destroyed as part of a warranty claim that the manufacturer settled with someone else. Either that or they are stolen merchandise. There's just no good reason to remove those stickers unless someone is hiding something.
        Dave W. Gilbert AZ
        6.63kW grid-tie owner

Comment

• Mike26ln
          • Jun 2022

I got them from Sunpower a month ago they forgot to remove half of a sticker on one panel and i see it is what I order. But the Sunpower inspector told me that’s weir installers to remove the sticker. The manager told me the same thing. The project manager told me the same thing.I have a ring camera and all the panels had the stickers I saw it. After 2 month of being on the phone with Sunpower. They are telling me that is normal to remove the labels the only person who told me that was tier 3 support . They told me replace them all with black panel at no cost or keep the ones I have and they will give me 2 thousand dollars. . That’s the other thing too. The sells person gave me same m series but in the wrong color. I wanted them in black.

Comment

• Ampster
            Solar Fanatic
            • Jun 2017

I did not believe Sunpower sells direct..They have authorized dealers..There has to be more to the story.
            9 kW solar, 42kWh LFP storage. EV owner since 2012

Comment

• Mike26ln
              • Jun 2022

I’m dealing with all Sunpower people. I did a zoom with the sells person. The Sunpower project coordinator is the one I’m talking to and I’m talking to tier 3 about the panels stickers serial number being remove. I wasn’t informed I was dealing with a dealer I Google Sunpower and talked to a main person from them. 46 thousand dollars later. I have panels with no series number cause they remove all 21 of them. They told me they will replace them with black panels. Since that’s what I wanted. Or keep the ones I have and they will give me 2 thousand dollars. Them removing the tags is what’s worrying me. By the way I was told the sell guy who sold them to me was fire for illegal stuff. It’s all recorder. So I’m like wtf I though Sunpower was a legit honest company. I have all the calls recorder. I have the Sunpower inspector tell me in person he has never seen them removing the stickers. That if that city inspector wants to see the panels and there’s nothing he will fail me. I have they’re own people telling me they never seen that.im so lost I don’t know what to do. My first home I’m 27

Comment

• littleharbor2
                Solar Fanatic
                • Jan 2016

Sounds to me like you should have them replace all panels with what you paid for. For all you know those panels could be some lower grade panels the installer substituted for high end Sunpower panels
                2 Kw PV Classic 200, Trace SW 4024 460ah,

Comment

• J.P.M.
                  Solar Fanatic
                  • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Mike26ln
                  I’m dealing with all Sunpower people. I did a zoom with the sells person. The Sunpower project coordinator is the one I’m talking to and I’m talking to tier 3 about the panels stickers serial number being remove. I wasn’t informed I was dealing with a dealer I Google Sunpower and talked to a main person from them. 46 thousand dollars later. I have panels with no series number cause they remove all 21 of them. They told me they will replace them with black panels. Since that’s what I wanted. Or keep the ones I have and they will give me 2 thousand dollars. Them removing the tags is what’s worrying me. By the way I was told the sell guy who sold them to me was fire for illegal stuff. It’s all recorder. So I’m like wtf I though Sunpower was a legit honest company. I have all the calls recorder. I have the Sunpower inspector tell me in person he has never seen them removing the stickers. That if that city inspector wants to see the panels and there’s nothing he will fail me. I have they’re own people telling me they never seen that.im so lost I don’t know what to do. My first home I’m 27
                  I'm with Littleharbor2 on this one. Get the new panels. They're trying to buy you off cheap with that $2K offer. You caught them in flagrante delicto. Get what you bought and make sure they deliver this time.

Comment

Working...