X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • danil972
    • Apr 2022

Hi from Israel!

Hi I am Daniel, semi retired born and raised in Scandinavia, with a wild plan
    to set up a Solar work shed somewhere here in Israel.

I will try to get hold of used equipment to start with, in order to learn as I go along.

The ultimate goal with my shop setup will be to design and construct a trailer-able solar vessel
    that can be exteded step by step into self propulsion through different mediums such as:
    Roads, Beaches, Water and Air.
    With such a focus, I cannot prioritize Speed, nor Cool factor, or things like armoured plating or ballast.

If ever such a vessel would enter into mass production, it could open up new geographic locations
    for social development, and again help to shrink our world, and hopefully spread wealth.

I have tried to find any history or Wiki about theSolar Panel Talk Forum, without much success.

I now want to know the following:

Who started and Who maintains this forum, and how?
    From where are the founders? and
    What is considered to be local for most people here?

Obviously the language is English, which limits the scope a bit.

The reason I need to know this is that Inverters and Solar Chargers are branded and sold
    differently around the globe. Sollan.co.il (No affiliation) market different stuff compared to for instance
    Signature Solar in the USA, who again differ from what seems to be available on Indiamart, or Australian sites.

Quite annoyingly, I keep getting logged out for whatever reason.
    This means I have to enter and re-enter my password repeatedly on a computer that I do not own. ( Very Insecure. )
    Last edited by danil972; 05-01-2022, 02:11 PM.
  • Mike90250
    • May 2009

This means I have to enter and re-enter my password repeatedly on a computer that I do not own. ( Very Insecure. )
    Actually for a shared computer, that is the ideal method. it prevents someone using the keyboard on your account when you step away.

This forum is pretty global, with maybe 50% USA users and the rest scattered amongst the globe. Many countries set their own standards so an inverter that works in Denmark, may not work in New Zealand, so you pretty much buy local. Batteries are too heavy to ship, so those are local purchases too.

As to the Vessel, see what has already been developed, and electrify that.

Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

• danil972
      • Apr 2022

Originally posted by Mike90250

Actually for a shared computer, that is the ideal method.
      There are very few hackers in the public main branch library of Tel Aviv. It's the computers themselves that are the problem.
      Hackers install password fishing apps, which make it unsafe to repeatedly type in passwords. I use different accounts in the library
      as opposed to on the phone.

Originally posted by Mike90250
      As to the Vessel, see what has already been developed, and electrify that.
      There is nothing out there that looks anywhere close to what I plan to build. I even have to wait for battery tech to develop.
      I might have to get in touch with universities or start-ups here in Israel where they develop Aluminium fuel cells.

Comment

Working...