Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello all! Lots of questions, feeling duped...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ampster View Post
    On page 3 of my bill is a nice table that shows every month in the true up period. If you can find your True Up bill there should be that table under the heading, Summary of NEM Charges. The two totals you want to look at are, Net Usage (kWhrs) and Estimate NEM Charges. You don't need to find all 12 bills.
    Net Usage kWh 7575, Estimate NEM charges before taxes $1,495.32, Estimate NEM charges after taxes $1,499.92

Comment

Originally posted by Mrod500 View Post

Net Usage kWh 7575, Estimate NEM charges before taxes $1,495.32, Estimate NEM charges after taxes $1,499.92
      That is $0.20 per kWhr. I reread the thread and tried to find the rate you are paying Sunrun for power produced. Hopefully it is lower than $0.20 per kWh. It is possible the Sunrun system helped you avoid a higher penalty tier.
      9 kW solar, 42kWh LFP storage. EV owner since 2012

Comment

That is $0.20 per kWhr. I reread the thread and tried to find the rate you are paying Sunrun for power produced. Hopefully it is lower than $0.20 per kWh. It is possible the Sunrun system helped you avoid a higher penalty tier.
        SunRun is getting $0.24 per kWhr. Honestly, I have to claim ignorance. We thought we were doing a good thing, not knowing much about how it works back in 2013. Now we're paying the price.

Comment

SunRun is getting $0.24 per kWhr. Honestly, I have to claim ignorance. We thought we were doing a good thing, not knowing much about how it works back in 2013. Now we're paying the price.
          Wow. That is newsworthy. That might be your leverage if you can get one of those news channels interested. I don't watch much TV but occasionally see the news and vaguely recall one channel that does that kind of investigation in the Bay area.
          Last edited by Ampster; 04-26-2021, 01:58 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Wow. That is newsworthy. That might be your leverage if you can get one of those news channels interested. I don't watch much TV but ocassionaly see the news abd vaguely recall one channel that does that kind of investigation in the Bay area.
            Great. I'll start doing more research as I've been doing now. I did get the phone rep on the call from SunRun to admit that our system is not generating enough for our needs and that he would not do what we did. Wonderful. I'll keep researching... Thank you.

Comment

I think Sunrun is in a position to turn this into a positive by selling you the system plus additional capacity at a reasonable price. I would not suggest another lease but whomever holds the lease has used up all the tax benefits and their basis has to be lower than the price you were quoted.

Comment

I think Sunrun is in a position to turn this into a positive by selling you the system plus additional capacity at a reasonable price. I would not suggest another lease but whomever holds the lease has used up all the tax benefits and their basis has to be lower than the price you were quoted.
                They've sent me two price quotes, both outrageous when you look at how much the pricing has dropped to purchase a new system outright...
                Fair Market Value: $11,387.93
                Sales tax (9.00%): $1,024.91
                Total system purchase price: $12,412.84

or

Full Prepayment Price: $13,604.79

Comment

I read through the thread again and could not see the size of the system you currently have? Use that number and divide it into the cost will give you the cost of prepaying or buying the existing system in dollars per kWh. Then you have a metric to compare the cost of buying out vs cost of new system.
                  i would get quotes for the additional capacity you want or need to cover your consumtion. As someone suggested maybe Sunrun would give you a break so that the bundled cost of buyout and additional capacity would be reasonable. There is no reason, if you have the funds and the capacity on your roof that you cannot install more capacity by another vendor either. Now that all the data is available, you have more options than the title would suggest.
                  Last edited by Ampster; 04-27-2021, 01:07 PM.

Comment

I read through the thread again and could not see the size of the system you currently have? Use that number and divide it into the cost will give you the cost of prepaying or buying the existing system in dollars per kWh. Then you have a metric to compare the cost of buying out vs cost of new system.
                    i would get quotes for the additional capacity you want or need to cover your consumtion. As someone suggested maybe Sunrun would give you a break so that the bundled cost of buyout and additional capacity would be reasonable. There is no reason, if you have the funds and the capacity on your roof that you cannot install more capacity by another vendor either. Now that all the data is available, you have more options than the title would suggest.
                    Yes, I have contacted Nick as someone here, perhaps you, have suggested and am getting pricing. As you can imagine, I'm reluctant. I really appreciate your input.

Comment

Yes, I have contacted Nick as someone here, perhaps you, have suggested and am getting pricing. .....
                      Keep in mind that the purchase of the used system would not have tax benefits but the additional system would qualify for the Federal Investment Tax Credit. That assumption is based on my interpretation from my accountant. What that means if I were in your shoes is to have them discount the purchase of the old system and let them have profit on new system. I would evaluate the total as a bundle after and then look at the tax credit benefit. I do not know what the correct assumption would be for the Tax Credit. The value to you would be based on your tax situation and the cost of funds for that acquisition.
                      Good luck.

Comment

They've sent me two price quotes, both outrageous when you look at how much the pricing has dropped to purchase a new system outright...
                        Fair Market Value: $11,387.93
                        Sales tax (9.00%): $1,024.91
                        Total system purchase price: $12,412.84

or

Full Prepayment Price: $13,604.79
                        sunrun is a SCAM flat out rip off artists, never give them additiona business.
                        onlything that gets them motivated is bad press , hit up the BBB, local news, make a sunrunsucks facebook group, etc. make youtube videos how they screwed you. Get a solar youtube channel to take on your cause. give them what they deserve.

Comment

Working...
                        X