X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ffergie
    • Jun 2020

Newbie=lots of questions

Good day all from New Brunswick Canada. Sorry for this lengthy post, I have just set up a VERY basic system to charge batteries on an off-grid RV. Our power requirements are very, very low; we use the interior lights in the evening for a bit, and they have all been converted to LED. Any high draw needs (water pump, hair dryer) are met by a portable gas generator. My system consists of 2x150watt PV panels (18.4V/8.15 amp each) in series, a 40amp SRNE ML2440 MPPT controller and two Trojan T-105 6V (220aH?) flooded batteries. The system has just been set up and seems to be working well using all the system defaults other than changing to a flooded setting; I am impressed that even on a cloudy day, there is still power being put to the batteries; albeit a very small amount. I have been intrigued by the data on the controller screen and am trying to make sense of it. Am I safe in doing the conversion from wH, which the controller displays, and aH, the battery capacity, simply by 220 x 12 ie. 2640? I am confused by the fact that, though the battery seems to be full from a voltage standpoint, 13.8-14.2, my wM is only half full(1300wH), though climbing. I hope this makes sense and that I have gotten the terms correct. Ultimately, I know that though we have used the lights a bit in the past few days, our battery capacity seems to still be increasing so that alone makes me happy given that we have some tree shade on the panels in early morning. Thanks much
Working...