X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hermanr
    • Aug 2016

Hello from Mid Missouri

Been lurking for some time and finding very helpful information. Thought it was the time I say hello and get move involved. My shop is completely off-grid and just finishing up a tiny house (not on a trailer) that is part of the shop system. the current system is going through an overall so some is in production and some not yet. Today, 48v system with 800w array on top of pole mount, AIMs 6k split phase inverter/charger, Nissan Leaf batteries 14s, midnite classic 150. Upcoming is 1.9kw top of pole array (will replace current panels) and 2nd phase will be 1.6kw roof-mounted and most likely into another midnite classic. Moving also to a 14s6p Ford energi pack with a chargery BMS16t.
    Last edited by hermanr; 11-18-2019, 04:12 PM.
  • Mike90250
    • May 2009

You might rethink that 6kw inverter, it is likely to have an enormous idle loss, and you don't have a lot of PV to support it. Or leave it off except to power tools, and use a 1kw inverter for the day-day stuff. When my machinery is not running, my large household loads (3 fridges, 2 laptops, 2 phones, battery chargers, my idle consumption is 250-400w
    (brains for tankless water heater, circ pump, water filter pump - all sorts of stuff I can't turn off)
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

• juanj5678
      • Nov 2019

Welcome!

Comment

• hermanr
        • Aug 2016

Thanks, yes my idle loads are very small. The idle load of the AIMs isn't the best but it sure can handle large inductive loads . I'll move to either MagnaSine or SMA's in the near future.

Comment

Working...