X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon Ferguson, new member 28 September 2019, South London , England.

Hi Jon. Welcome to Solar Panel Talk

Comment

My first questions which hopefully I can receive some advise.

I have 2 no Eco Worthy 150 Watt solar panels, with a Eco-sources MPPT charge controller, and two 700 Ah batteries.
      My mains inverter Max out put 1400 Ah

The problem I have is the MPPT controller is limited to 550 Watt and maximum charge / discharge 20A.

I have been using the system to build up charge in the batteries which indicates 50,000WH, yes that is the reading.

I have tried the system as installation recommends, two problems:-
      1. The System output limited loads of 20Amp (inverter worked on low power requirements but over heats easily)
      2. I have had difficulty in programming the controller to work when the sun is not shining only will stay on when panels are charging from solar cells.

Obviously I have a great deal of power stored in Batteries located externally in a fire proof cabinet and well ventilated and protected from the effects of weather.

Can I connect the inverter directly to the batteries with appropriate 22mm cu cable?

Will I damage the charge controller?

The cable connection to batteries/inverter is separate to charge MPPT controller when installed.

Connection from Solar cells, and charge controller, to battery terminals only.

The mains inverter can be activated remotely to the MPPT charge controller, has built in short circuit, overhead, under supply sensing.

Jon Ferguson

Comment

You forgot to say what each batteries voltage is, and if they are parallel or series.
        Bruce Roe

Comment

Hi Bruce

Many thanks for reply, the batteries are 12volt in parallel.

I am working with what I brought for previous system, which was an emergency supply for my fish tanks some time a go.

If planning from beginning would have used 24volt system.

Jon

Comment

Working...
          X