No announcement yet.

Hi from Northern California SF Bay Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Situation solved! I ordered the Solar medium size rental from Tesla for $130 a month and they already got a hold of me. They asked if I would be available for an install within the next 2 weeks. That's fast! But I did the math and realized I cannot beat it. The medium size is should produce three times what I use now for kW for the home and an EV next year will use the rest of what it produces.

Comment

Originally posted by oneand0 View Post
      Situation solved! I ordered the Solar medium size rental from Tesla for $130 a month and they already got a hold of me. They asked if I would be available for an install within the next 2 weeks. That's fast! But I did the math and realized I cannot beat it.
      $130/month?
      That doesn't sound like "cannot beat it".
      That sounds like "they're going to bend me over and have their way with me"
      FWIW - if you have a mortgage, I'd refinance it first, before you install this thing that you'll have to pay for indefinitely.
      I'm in the process of refinancing (rates are low at the moment) - and they immediately ask if the solar system is owned by me or leased/PPO.

Where are you in the bay area? I'm in south bay.
      Who's your POCO?
      *IF* it's PG&E, *maybe* $130/month is better than paying PG&E. (depends on how big of a system their "medium size" is.

Comment

The OP is in San Francisco and I presume PG&E and Clean Power SF. He plans on retiring in 5 years, moving to Tahoe and renting the house. My understanding of this particular deal from Tesla is that the property owner can have the system removed for a $1,500 fee at any time. That would add $25 per month if his future tenant did not want that deal.
        9 kW solar, 42kWh LFP storage. EV owner since 2012

Comment

My past PG&E 12 months of bills show 4,571 kWh and $1645 in payments. The Tesla offer is for them to install a 7.9kWh system, monthly payment, no long term contract, support included for $130 a month ( $1560 yearly ). It says it should generate between 10,640 - 14212 kWh a year, which is much more than I need for my home usage. When I introduce an EV next year and the mileage I'm used to driving, it should take care of half my driving on a bad year, up to almost all of it in a good year. Even if wasn't getting an EV it would be cheaper than what I am paying now for a years worth of electricity. At the end of 6 years I will have it removed for $1,500, which can be done at anytime if I change my mind.
          Last edited by oneand0; 08-23-2019, 09:55 AM.

Comment

I forgot about the EV, which makes solar an even better investment.
            9 kW solar, 42kWh LFP storage. EV owner since 2012

Comment

Working...
            X