X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off the Off-Grids

Ola,

well I am kind of these Van-Life people - just that I do not own a Van and do it with just a bicycle and some backpack,
    and that I am doing this in the EU and not US.

Energy production always is a topic so you can power observation devices (lights, image intesifiers...) and communication devices.
    Sadly there is no mobile wind turbine available yet for sale, so I depend only on PV at the moment,
    even if I consider trying to get some juice from the dynamo of the bicycle
    (if you are interested, yes there is a concept of an umbrella sized wind turbine ...)

I registered here for some research of how to use PV mobile with backpacking scenarios efficiently,
    because that's some market without great concepts of products as far as I see since years:

You can get PV panels of all kind of size, environment protection classes and so on,
    and you can get all kind of energy storage - but there is like no commercial product for this size to modulate the raw PV current to some stable voltage output.

Let's see if I can find some solution with your help, and hopefully without diving to deep into electronics: Back from technical school I stuck with electrics, U/V, R/ohm and I/A. Usally I love to grow expertise but for the next years I am already occupied with other topics I need to soak in.

Thanks

What could you be doing that is more important than making things work? That is survival. Hub generators would be an interesting way to go. It could be implemented to only be enabled when going down hill. Solar, every control could be integrated into a cigarette size case. And you won't find it pre built. You have to decide your priorities and capabilities.

Comment

Originally posted by letmefreak View Post
      Let's see if I can find some solution with your help, and hopefully without diving to deep into electronics: Back from technical school I stuck with electrics, U/V, R/ohm and I/A. Usally I love to grow expertise but for the next years I am already occupied with other topics I need to soak in.
      Get an ebike. That becomes your battery. Then add some solar; there are cheap/light panels out there intended for backpacking. Use a Genasun controller to boost it to the 36/48V the battery wants.

Comment

Just a test to see if the board is working. Seems real slow today. That's all !
        Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
        || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
        || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
        gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

Working...
        X