X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Onyx Photovoltaic Glass

Hello SolarPanelTalk,

Happy to be part of this discussion forum! I have enjoyed the insights I that have received in the past by reaching out to experts in such forums, and I am looking forward to responses that I may receive on this current challenge.

I recently purchased a large amorphous PV panel from Onyx for a very small off-grid power/battery project I wanted to build in my backyard for fun. Unfortunately I realized after the fact rhat I should have purchased an option or options with a lower voltage, as the high voltage/low power characteristics of this particular panel I purchased is not very amenable to typical off-the-shelf charge controllers, etc, for the application I am imagining.

I will post my full question in the Off Grid Solar Panel Systems forum as I believe it is most applicable to that area. Also, if anyone is aware of suppliers of window type amorphous silicon PV in the U.S. or North America, that would be great, the shipping was much more costly than the panel! Although I do have to say, I do like the product.

Regards,
    Jeremy

hi,

may I ask what the dimensions are and how much you paid for it?
    Last edited by woswasi; 05-31-2019, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Sure, it was 2456x1245mm and $427/panel. Jeremy

Comment

How about a spec sheet for the panel ?

Comment

Working...
        X