X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Minnesota

I am starting the installation of an array on the house I am building (I'm the owner/builder) and doing most of the work myself. As an educator I had the opportunity to attend a couple classes at SEI in Paonia, CO. On my own I chose to continue my education to earn my NABCEP PVA certification. My goal was to learn as much as possible and bring more relevant content to my classroom. I did a fun grad school project a few years back making my own solar module. However, I have no real world experience installing solar. I also have a strong personal interest in solar and always hoped I would be able to own a home with a suitable location for an array. Well now I do, and I am starting the install shortly. All materials are on site and I'm excited to get started. I am doing a 9.8kW array with a SE1000a SolarEdge inverter. My design has (34) 290w Heliene mono cell modules in 2 strings. The module choice was based on an incentive program in Minnesota to use modules manufactured in Minnesota. The program was called "Made in Minnesota Solar Incentive Program." Unfortunately, this program has now been repealed for new applicants, but I have already been accepted and the program will pay me back an annual rebate for 10 years based on my production. I am installing on a south facing, steel standing seam, roof with an 8/12 pitch (that I installed). I have a few questions but I will make a separate post with those.
    Last edited by climb.on; 06-27-2018, 08:18 PM.

Hi climb on, and welcome to solar panel talk. I am in OZ so rules here may be a bit different but I was wondering about 34 x 290 watt panels in 2 strings I assume you are going to do at least one parallel string, or does the SE inverter have more than 2 mppts. I know next to nothing about SE, but you might want to check the rules for strings where you are, cheers.

Comment

Thanks Pete! SolarEdge has an "optimizer" that does MMPT for each individual module. The optimizers look and installs kind of like microinverter, but it's not. I guess they are pretty sweet. We shall see!

Comment

Working...
      X