X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Matrix
    Solar Fanatic
    • Oct 2017

Kinda New in North Central Florida - Signature Update Question

I'm in North Central FL about 30 minutes due East of Gainesville, FL in a very small rural community. I'm a "New-ish" member and have been around here since late Oct ... and have had the luxury of asking many questions, receiving some great feedback. Thanks to the many members who have patiently responded and helped me along my journey.

Today I am trying to add a signature with my system info to my posts to assist others in more accurately answering my questions. I have been around forums for many years, and set a few up myself, so I do not consider myself a complete noob in forums. But I cannot find the control field that adds a signature line in this forum. Has it been turned off? I read Jason's sticky posts from a few years ago and cannot find the forum fields "About Me" and "Additional Info". I did fill out the field "Biography" with my system info, but this is only showing up in my profile and not as a post signature.

Thanks in advance for helping.
    285Wx9 / MNClassic 150 / CSW4024 / TrojanL16H-ACx4
  • SunEagle
    Super Moderator
    • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Matrix
    I'm in North Central FL about 30 minutes due East of Gainesville, FL in a very small rural community. I'm a "New-ish" member and have been around here since late Oct ... and have had the luxury of asking many questions, receiving some great feedback. Thanks to the many members who have patiently responded and helped me along my journey.

Today I am trying to add a signature with my system info to my posts to assist others in more accurately answering my questions. I have been around forums for many years, and set a few up myself, so I do not consider myself a complete noob in forums. But I cannot find the control field that adds a signature line in this forum. Has it been turned off? I read Jason's sticky posts from a few years ago and cannot find the forum fields "About Me" and "Additional Info". I did fill out the field "Biography" with my system info, but this is only showing up in my profile and not as a post signature.

Thanks in advance for helping.
    There should be a box in your profile that says "signature". I think you only get 30 characters but you should be able to write something.

Comment

• Matrix
      Solar Fanatic
      • Oct 2017

OK thanks. Found it under My Profile>Edit Settings. And then under the Account Tab go down to Conversation Detail Options>Visible Post Elements and then (rather than a field) there is a Link called "Edit Post Signature" ... Thanks.

But you are correct, very short. I wonder how some users like Mike90250 were allowed such detail in their signatures? A different field/setting? Moderator?
      Last edited by Matrix; 01-22-2018, 02:57 PM.
      285Wx9 / MNClassic 150 / CSW4024 / TrojanL16H-ACx4

Comment

• SunEagle
        Super Moderator
        • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Matrix
        OK thanks. Found it under My Profile>Edit Settings. And then under the Account Tab go down to Conversation Detail Options>Visible Post Elements and then (rather than a field) there is a Link called "Edit Post Signature" ... Thanks.

But you are correct, very short. I wonder how some users like Mike90250 were allowed such detail in their signatures? A different field/setting? Moderator?
        Yeah. The Moderators are allowed a lot more characters for their signature.

Comment

• littleharbor
          Solar Fanatic
          • Jan 2016

Originally posted by SunEagle

Yeah. The Moderators are allowed a lot more characters for their signature.
          I just noticed your title is now ********. Something new?
          2.2kw Suntech mono, Classic 200, NEW Trace SW4024

Comment

• SunEagle
            Super Moderator
            • Oct 2012

Originally posted by littleharbor

I just noticed your title is now ********. Something new?
            LOL. I must have mucked it up when I changed my location in my profile. Unfortunately I can't put Moderator back in since I do not have Admin privileges.

Comment

Working...