Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

From Sunny (wait it's raining) San Diego (In the industry but still so much to learn)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From Sunny (wait it's raining) San Diego (In the industry but still so much to learn)

*And That Is Why I Am Here*
    Good Evening All. Thank you for reading. I've recently joined a company based here out of San Diego. Powur. Yes. Power. But with a U. Two really good friends ( whom have been in the Solar Industry for years ) got me involved a little over a year ago. This year, I plan on actually creating & building this business. But first & foremost. I feel as If I need to get educated. There's basically 2 aspects to this business. The Solar side & the Team building side. I'm here to learn as much as I can about the Solar side. The company offers an education but it comes with a price. I also know there are many resources out there that are either free or fairly priced. However, as I have been browsing through the topics here. The majority of the people within these forums either already have or are deep within the research phase of going solar. I'd like to jump into the discussions. Create content. Add value. And see where this all might lead. If I could put what's in my mind into reality tomorrow. I'd be Off Grid. Self Sufficient. Travelling. Exploring. Enjoying. Living Life To The Fullest. Without Restraints. People. Planet. Profits. Thanks Again For Reading. All The Best To You

Hello CaliCore3, welcome to SolarPanelTalk. What exactly does "Powur" do? From your web site it looks like you are the business of lead generation for solar companies.

Comment

For the most part. Yes. We have the technology platform & a continuously growing number of providers we work with across the United States & more recently. International. Puerto Rico, Canada, Australia, Mexico & more. We provide leads but that's only the beginning. We are able to profit thru every step of the Solar Process. From lead to installation. That's one avenue. The second is we can build our own teams. Or we can do both. I tried inputting a video on the media aspect here but for some reason it wasn't working correctly. Let's see if this works. powur.com/corey.jackson/learn
      You can also see a breakdown of the different approaches powur.com/corey.jackson/register
      I am here to explore and learn more about the basics of solar so that I can have a more informed conversation with potential partners & those who might want to go Solar. Of course, I'm also here to network. Please take a look & let me know what you think. I'm looking for honest opinions. My friends bought me into the business a little over a year ago. They are doing quite well. But they have the experience of working within the industry. Thanks for reading Thanks for inquiring.

Admin note, I removed your phone number its not allowed, this forum is sponsored by solarreviews.com so please no solicitation, cheers.
      Last edited by solar pete; 01-11-2018, 04:56 PM.

Comment

For some reason the my whole reply didn't go through. Basically Steve. Yes. But there's also a potential team building aspect to it. I'll wait a few before hitting send on this. Maybe my reply wasn't approved because it had a video link. No worries. If you have any questions. Feel free to reach out. I'd put my # here but not sure if that is cool either.

Comment

I watched the video and did a little digging. It appears that Powur is a MLM lead-generating arm of Solar City. You are welcome to stay and learn about solar and participate in the discussions if you are truly interested in the technology, but be warned that any attempt to solicit leads or use this forum in any way to advance an MLM business will result in a ban.

Comment

Completely understand. Thank you Steve. Will keep it strictly educational & participatory. No soliciting whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by CaliCore3 View Post
              Completely understand. Thank you Steve. Will keep it strictly educational & participatory. No soliciting whatsoever.
              Appreciate that, and glad to have you aboard. There is quite an education to be had here.

Comment

Going to start with the basics. The "sticky" questions. Then move forward from there. Thank you Steve. Have a great day

Comment

I'm so tired of all the solar "lead-generating" companies out there. Hardly a day goes by that I don't get solicited by somebody wanting to pay a large fee up front to provide what usually turn out to be a trickle of poor leads. It is the latest "work-from-home", "checks-in-the-mail", "make money without working" business. Many of our customers are bombarded with solar sales calls from all over if they so much as breath the word solar online. It really is too much. CaliCor3 I hope you are not going to be one more of these outfits.
                  What we do need, especially in California - is more affordable installers out there actually providing good solar to people. Solar system equipment currently costs about $1/watt wholesale and yet good luck finding an installer for less than $3.50/watt. Learn solar from NABCEP, start your own installation business, get listed on Solar Reviews and more powur to ya....
                  BSEE, R11, NABCEP, Chevy BoltEV, >3000kW installed

Comment

Originally posted by solarix View Post
                    I'm so tired of all the solar "lead-generating" companies out there. Hardly a day goes by that I don't get solicited by somebody wanting to pay a large fee up front to provide what usually turn out to be a trickle of poor leads. It is the latest "work-from-home", "checks-in-the-mail", "make money without working" business. Many of our customers are bombarded with solar sales calls from all over if they so much as breath the word solar online. It really is too much. CaliCor3 I hope you are not going to be one more of these outfits.
                    What we do need, especially in California - is more affordable installers out there actually providing good solar to people. Solar system equipment currently costs about $1/watt wholesale and yet good luck finding an installer for less than $3.50/watt. Learn solar from NABCEP, start your own installation business, get listed on Solar Reviews and more powur to ya....
                    I'm with you on that one. FWIW, The OP looks, to me anyway, like a disingenuous scam at first glance, but I'll withhold final opinion and see if there's more to him than it appears at this time.Besides, and more like you write, there are a lot of places to get serious basic education. This place can be a crack filler for info, but as a first line education source it's missing too much.

Comment

Working...
                    X