X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • austingardner
    • Apr 2011

How do I begin

Greetings everyone,
    Looks like it's official, I'm going to begin generating power from the sun, eventually all of it. I think it's safe to say that the steps have been mapped out in many places on line and that the resources (like this site) are there if questions arise while implementing the steps.
    I want to begin with a simple project that isn't expensive and will help me to fully understand concepts necessary to be successful with bigger projects. I'm thinking something like yard lights or a solar powered yard tool or phone charger.
    I would love to hear any suggestions of what videos I should watch and if there are any additional groups or resources that I should consult as if I run into any glitches or surprises along the way.
    Any project ideas and resources (if needed) would be hugely appreciated. I'm starting to see going of the grid as a plausible energy option!!
    All the best,
    Alan
  • SteveC
    • Mar 2011

Whatchu mean by expensive, first??

Comment

• Sunking
      Solar Fanatic
      • Feb 2010

Yeah what do you mean by expensive. Buy electricity from the power company and you will pay around $0.12/Kwh. Make you own using a battery system will cost you around $2.00/Kwh.

So which price do you want to pay? 12-cents, or $2?
      MSEE, PE

Comment

Working...