X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TundraLu View Post

Hey how can i get in contact with you. I am in Pasco and also on Withlacocchee and was thinking of doing my own install. The costs here are easily 25k for a 7KW system. I have worked on roofs most of my life helping friends and have all the tools necessary to do my own. I also was thinking of pulling my own permit in Pasco as well. I can help you if you need .

Lu
    I'm actually South of Tampa in Riverview.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunking View Post
      Have you upgraded your home yet?

Every dollar you spend on upgrading like energy efficiency appliances, HVAC, Insulation, Windows, and Doors will save you $2 in RE installation cost. Not only that has immediate positive net gain on your home. Solar in FL is likely to have negative net equity gain.

At 70 Kwh/day you either have a very large luxury home, or one in need of energy upgrading.
      I have not installed solar yet, I'm waiting to install a new roof 1st.

Comment

Let me know guys. I have Duke in pasco and am looking. If i can't do it myself I am not going forward. My neighbor across the street just got a quote for a new breaker box 200amp. Lowest bid was $2500 highest $5000 and the contractor had the balls to tell him be done in one day. When I told him parts were probably less than $300 he was not happy. I really don't trust many people touching my house, my less getting bids when the contractor is used to dealing with older people who don't have a clue

Comment

Originally posted by thjohnson58 View Post
          Let me know guys. I have Duke in pasco and am looking. If i can't do it myself I am not going forward. My neighbor across the street just got a quote for a new breaker box 200amp. Lowest bid was $2500 highest $5000 and the contractor had the balls to tell him be done in one day. When I told him parts were probably less than $300 he was not happy. I really don't trust many people touching my house, my less getting bids when the contractor is used to dealing with older people who don't have a clue
          I'm in Hillsborough county and was able to do 100% of the work as a homeowner. Go down to your local permitting office and ask if you can pull a homeowners permit.
          I agree with you if I couldn't have done this project myself I wouldn't have. Personally I can't justify what contractors are charging to go solar. I know someone who recently got a quote on a 15kw system for $48k and a buddy who had a 9kw system installed for 28k. I'm an industrial electrician and was not impressed with my buddy's install, conduit work looked like a 1st year apprentice did it.
          I installed my 14kw 39 LG 365W panels with Enphase mico inverters for $16,888 ($11,821 after the tax break)
          I went online 10-16-18 and have been keeping track to the penny what it's producing. As of 1-15-19 it's reduced my bill $661.53, at this rate it should pay for itself in 4-5 years.
          Let us know what you find out, I'm curious what the rules are in Pasco.

Comment

Originally posted by CessnaTPA View Post
            Glad to be your newest member, having been on car & motorcycle forums in the past I know there will be a wealth of information on here.

I've just begun to start my research and planning for a grid tie solar system for my home. My usage is 2120 kWh a month and my back roof faces south with 1000+ sq ft of roof space at a 20% pitch.

My electric company have different categories of solar installs. Teir 1 under 10kw A.C., teir 2 above 10kw to 100kw which from what I've read the only difference is the requirement of 1 million dollar liability insurance ($39 more a year) and a $250 applications fee. I'm thinking about a 12kw-15kw system but when I've talked to 2 solar installers they both Immediately said they can do above 10kw but recommend staying teir 1. I explained I was fine with the extra insurance and $250 fee. But they still pushed the smaller system. I felt they were not telling me the whole story. Any thoughts why?
            CessnaTPA i saw your video on youtube great job i like what you did with the solar. I'm planing on DIY system and since i'm so close to Riverview if you don't mind taking a look at your system that would be help me a ton if you have a few minutes of your time.

Last edited by Djole; 07-30-2019, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Djole View Post

CessnaTPA i saw your video on youtube great job i like what you did with the solar. I'm planing on DIY system and since i'm so close to Riverview if you don't mind taking a look at your system that would be help me a ton if you have a few minutes of your time.
              Sure I'd be happy to show you my system and tell you all about it. Where are you located?

BTW I installed a 14.3KW system and have had a 0 power bill past 5 months (Teco charges a $15.41 connection fee no matter what)
              Last edited by CessnaTPA; 07-31-2019, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CessnaTPA View Post

Sure I'd be happy to show you my system and tell you all about it. Where are you located?

BTW I installed a 14.3KW system and have had a 0 power bill past 5 months (Teco charges a $15.41 connection fee no matter what)
                Thanks so much. I'm in Tampa by the airport and i want to make a similar system 14-16 kw.

Thank you. You can remove the email by editing the post.
                Last edited by Djole; 07-31-2019, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X