Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intro – Hello from Texas, Arizona, California & Rio Brazil (I am currently traveling)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intro – Hello from Texas, Arizona, California & Rio Brazil (I am currently traveling)

Intro – Hello from Texas, Arizona, California & Rio Brazil (I am currently traveling).

My name is Teresa. I am an online student of the Solar Living Institute’s Solar PV Design & Installation class.

My class is helping me prepare for my North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) certification. I am also a military veteran of Desert Storm and have 8 years previous experience in two Electric Utilities, ConEd (New York) and ComEd (Chicago) as a supervisor, district operator, and instructor.

I have done a career evaluation, and realized I want to work in green energy or green construction. This career path takes was my first pursuit prior to joining the military as I was accepted into Architectural Engineering track at Penn State.

Part of my 2nd class assignment is to ask a series of questions to a PV system contractor/installer .

I appreciate all responses to any of the below questions. Feel free to reply to more than one question.

Thank you and Regards,
    -Teresa

Questions:

1. What do you see as the biggest career opportunities in the PV industry? What would be the most important advice you can offer someone thinking about making this their career?
    2. What tools are most important, which are used most often, what tools do installers own themselves and which are provided by the company?
    3. What are the most common installation problems or maintenance issues that occur?
    4. Are there situations that require special equipment?
    5. What are the most common accidents on the job?
    6. Under what circumstances would you recommend a ground mounted system over a roof mounted system? How will these systems differ in their effect on the cost of labor and materials? How will these systems differ in terms of safety for the installer?
    7. Even though the grid may historically be reliable, under what circumstances does one disclose to a customer other threats that might affect reliability? When do you recommend a generator and transfer switch over battery backup?
    8. What do you need to educate the new owners about when they have a PV system?”
    9. What is required to make a truly turn-key system?
    10. How do policies such as net-metering encourage grid-tied systems? What other policies encourage grid-tied systems?

Hello Teresa and welcome to Solar Panel Talk!
    SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

Working...
    X