X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vanman
    • Nov 2014

Solar newb seeking the knowledge and wisdom of the interwebs~FL

I am mainly focused on getting my van set up with some solar pv cells I found. I know very little about electrical systems, but I know I'll need some kind of controller and a deep cycle battery. Any advice is much appreciated!
    There are 2 panels rated at 115w each. I have tested them using a 12v dc fan, and they both put out plenty of juice to make the fan very excited!
    I'm thinking I'd like enough power to charge a cell phone, laptop, maybe run a fan and some LEDs.
    I'll be happy to post pics if anyone is interested.
    Thanks!
  • inetdog
    Super Moderator
    • May 2012

Originally posted by vanman
    I am mainly focused on getting my van set up with some solar pv cells I found. I know very little about electrical systems, but I know I'll need some kind of controller and a deep cycle battery. Any advice is much appreciated!
    There are 2 panels rated at 115w each. I have tested them using a 12v dc fan, and they both put out plenty of juice to make the fan very excited!
    I'm thinking I'd like enough power to charge a cell phone, laptop, maybe run a fan and some LEDs.
    I'll be happy to post pics if anyone is interested.
    Thanks!
    Hello vanman and welcome to Solar Panel Talk!

It would be best if you start a new thread in off grid to pose this question. And please include more detail about the panels (particularly the voltage specification.) If all the parts play well together and you park in the sun, 230W of panel should be able to deliver what you are asking. But it would also help to know the power consumption of the laptop and to look at getting a 12V DC input power brick for it to avoid the need for an inverter and associated energy losses.
    SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

Working...