X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HOASUNBuster View Post
    Exactly right. All I have to do is flip a switch and I have quiet power for limited things. Dragging out the generator and hooking that up would take probably 20 minutes and yes, make noise.[ATTACH=CONFIG]4657[/ATTACH]
    Nice setup. Unfortunately you need to have a box mounted on the wall instead of that CLX wire just coming through a hole. Your installation would be an electrical code violation in most areas.

I hope you never have an Insurance adjustor come through because that will be flagged as a potential danger

Comment

Originally posted by SunEagle View Post
      Nice setup. Unfortunately you need to have a box mounted on the wall instead of that CLX wire just coming through a hole. Your installation would be an electrical code violation in most areas.

I hope you never have an Insurance adjustor come through because that will be flagged as a potential danger
      So tell me, if this breaker panel was surface mounted rather than behind some dry wall, the electrical connection and the CLX wire from the transfer switch would be exactly the same as it is now only totally exposed and that would meet code. It is designed to meet code. The wires between the transfer switch and the breaker panel are encased in metal flexible conduit one box to the other and nothing is exposed. I will be covering that hole for aesthetics but this was connected and inspected by a licensed electrician to ensure that it met code.

Comment

Originally posted by HOASUNBuster View Post
        So tell me, if this breaker panel was surface mounted rather than behind some dry wall, the electrical connection and the CLX wire from the transfer switch would be exactly the same as it is now only totally exposed and that would meet code. It is designed to meet code. The wires between the transfer switch and the breaker panel are encased in metal flexible conduit one box to the other and nothing is exposed. I will be covering that hole for aesthetics but this was connected and inspected by a licensed electrician to ensure that it met code.
        Fair enough. The CLX is considered a "conduit" so it should meet code.

Usually an inspector would not let you to just leave a hole in the wall for any electrical "raceway'' to come through. They want a covering or surface mounted box. Seems aesthetics is big for some people.

Comment

Originally posted by SunEagle View Post
          Fair enough. The CLX is considered a "conduit" so it should meet code.

Usually an inspector would not let you to just leave a hole in the wall for any electrical "raceway'' to come through. They want a covering or surface mounted box. Seems aesthetics is big for some people.
          I will give you that I shouldn't have a hole in my wall next to the electrical panel but I intentionally left it open for inspection. I just haven't decided how to make it look pretty yet. A plastic box with a removable inspection cover might be a good idea.

Comment

You can also consider some Argo panels if you haven't solved the issue yet.

MOD NOTE: Please do not attach advertisement links to your post without permission from the Admin.
            Last edited by SunEagle; 04-12-2019, 11:34 AM. Reason: removed weblink

Comment

What is this ?

The Grid-Tied Inverter seems not not to be connected to the grid ...,
              or are there wires behind that "panel" ?

Comment

Working...
              X