X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Hi, I'm new to this forum and want to explore the possibility of solar power for my place. Just one thing - currently I'm buying a mobile home on a lease option and they don't want anything on the roof until after I have bought the property. Can a decent system be installed on posts on the ground rather than on the roof and still get a decent amount of electricity for a 3 bedroom, 2 bath, approximately 1600 square foot home?

Originally posted by tonybinca View Post
    Hi, I'm new to this forum and want to explore the possibility of solar power for my place. Just one thing - currently I'm buying a mobile home on a lease option and they don't want anything on the roof until after I have bought the property. Can a decent system be installed on posts on the ground rather than on the roof and still get a decent amount of electricity for a 3 bedroom, 2 bath, approximately 1600 square foot home?
    Sure as long as you have the space on the ground and are willing to go to the extra expense of keeping peoples fingers out of the ground mounted parts.

However, you will still need the same panel area as you would on the roof, and either have to mount them on an angled structure or keep them separated in rows to avoid having one set of panels shade another set when the sun is low in the sky.
    SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

Our house is about the same size, we have LED lighting throughout, new windows, ect. We only needed 14 panels to produce +10-15% over
      of what we need. Maybe that will help you visualize how much space you'll need for your panel layout.

Comment

14 panels would fit well on a decent sized carport,,, just sayin
        [CENTER]SunLight @ Night[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by tonybinca View Post
          Sure you can easily install on wooden structure even provide shade for a deck area.
          You really need to know how much electric usage the house has though to size it. For example if the mobile home has gas heat, gas stove, and gas water heat, it is going to consume considerably less electricity than if it has only electric appliances.
          OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

Working...
          X