X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nicabbq
    • Apr 2014

Hello from sunny Nicaragua

Hi folks I'm Luis - Marketing Director for Solarlogica in Nicaragua. Lots of intense sun down here and plenty of interest in solar and wind products. We have been in business for a couple of years and my partner has been involved in solar installs for over 10 years. I appreciate and advice from the group as I know the basics but could use specific advice on potentially new products that are needed here. Solar street lights for example. Any advice on good brands, layout planning and other things related to using solar street lights?
  • Shockah
    Solar Fanatic
    • Nov 2013

How stringent are the building codes in Nicaragua?

There are many Solar Street Light Manufactures WorldWide...
    search the internet.

Your biggest hurdles will be:
    1. Shipping costs to Nicaragua,
    2. Gov't requirements pertaining to footings.
    [CENTER]SunLight @ Night[/CENTER]

Comment

• nicabbq
      • Apr 2014

The lights will be installed in a resort so building codes are very lax and not really enforced . A proper installation of the lights is pretty much our (solarlogica's) responsibility and we have no problem with that. I realize there are plenty of manufacturers on the internet but that's the problem - which one is reliable, cost effective, etc. Does anyone have experience with any to pass on?

Comment

• Shockah
        Solar Fanatic
        • Nov 2013

Originally posted by nicabbq
        The lights will be installed in a resort so building codes are very lax and not really enforced . A proper installation of the lights is pretty much our (solarlogica's) responsibility and we have no problem with that. I realize there are plenty of manufacturers on the internet but that's the problem - which one is reliable, cost effective, etc. Does anyone have experience with any to pass on?
        hi2n map.jpg

Gosh, I never realized Nicaragua is a straight shot from Hawaii...

I could build you what you need... with quality components and a great warranty.

You got a particular theme or appearance in mind?

Comment

• nicabbq
          • Apr 2014

Indeed it is! No particular theme in mind just been looking on the net to see what is available. It is a tropical resort on a fresh water island with two volcano's (Ometepe) Probably the easiest thing is to build a unit that can be installed onto the pole and we do the rest from this end. I have imported from the states before so this is no problem (a bit of an expense but thats how it goes). What do you propose as far as wattage and the unit? Can you get a design together and give me a price? The customer wants 10 but I would prefer to get one first to test and install.

Comment

• Shockah
            Solar Fanatic
            • Nov 2013

Originally posted by nicabbq
            Indeed it is! No particular theme in mind just been looking on the net to see what is available. It is a tropical resort on a fresh water island with two volcano's (Ometepe) Probably the easiest thing is to build a unit that can be installed onto the pole and we do the rest from this end. I have imported from the states before so this is no problem (a bit of an expense but thats how it goes). What do you propose as far as wattage and the unit? Can you get a design together and give me a price? The customer wants 10 but I would prefer to get one first to test and install.
            Post toppers would be the most recommended in this type of situation.

You plant/erect your own post...
            then mount Self Contained Solar Light assembly on top of post.

No limits on wattage...
            Solar Lighting can be built as bright as you want it...
            as long as you have a strong enough post, the space and the budget.

I believe we are entering the realm of a prohibitive-"sales"-conversation on this forum...
            apologies to the moderators.

Feel free to reply to my PM,
            or contact me via the website link in the PM.

Comment

• nicabbq
              • Apr 2014

I can only PM when I have 10 posts so please send to luisATsolarlogica.com

Mod note - Bad idea to leave your email complete in open forums.
              Additional Mod note - removed the hyperlink which still carried the unobscured email address.
              Last edited by inetdog; 04-25-2014, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Working...