X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Geegrrl
    • Aug 2013

Hello, I'm newbie hoping to have a self sufficient liveaboard boat.

Just learning about both boating and solar panels. My dream is to have an electric powered boat that will not have to come to shore at all unless it wants to! I'm going off grid and hoping to become self sufficient in every way possible. I love gadgets and electronics. Solar sounds very exciting!
  • Mike90250
    • May 2009

That's an admirable goal. In reality, solar power while possible for living and transportation in a boat, is going to be both very expensive, and very slow. Even in large cruising sailboats, there is seldom enough area for PV panels, and salt spray and electronics are poor partners.
    But if you have the money and the will, we will tell you what is possible, as opposed to the salesmen giving you a smoke show
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

• russ
      Solar Fanatic
      • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Geegrrl
      Just learning about both boating and solar panels. My dream is to have an electric powered boat that will not have to come to shore at all unless it wants to! I'm going off grid and hoping to become self sufficient in every way possible. I love gadgets and electronics. Solar sounds very exciting!
      Let us start off with - "get real" What you described is super expensive plus impractical.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

• Mike90250
        • May 2009

Originally posted by alzoobery2001
        Dear
        I need to buy wholesale the Fuji 92w . 319v solar and i need all others models made in Fuji . If u have please send prices for all models fuji solar .
        Please contact me to mobile
        My Whatsapp and Viber
        My Adress ( )
        Regard
        alzoobery2001 - you are out of order, and have been notified of this by several moderators. Now you get a timeout and can sit in the corner for a couple days.
        Ask a question on your OWN thread. If you can't figure that out, ask on the new members forum. Not in the middle of another thread
        Last edited by Mike90250; 08-15-2015, 02:04 PM.
        Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
        || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
        || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
        gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

• SunEagle
          Super Moderator
          • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Mike90250
          alzoobery2001 - you are out of order, and have been notified of this by several moderators. Now you get a timeout and can sit in the corner for a couple days. Ask a question on your OWN thread. If you can't figure that out, ask on the new members forum. Not in the middle of another thread
          Thanks Mike----------------- I had problems editing his posts which contained phone number and email addresses. There were dozens of them all the same across multiple threads. I then decided to start deleting his posts but not sure if that worked or not. -----------------------Strange I have Mod powers but not editing control of even my posts on this computer. Hope solar pete gets this straightened out soon.

Comment

Working...