X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • need2knowmore
    • Jun 2013

Induction Cooker power

hello friends,
    I am new here and this first post here too. I just bought new induction cooker and now I want to put solar panel for that so my family can use this for most of stuff that want to cook. It print on instruction manual that it take 2000 watt. Now I am looking for solar panel that give me this power for my induction cooker. Please guys give me guideline about. I am from India.
    Thanks
  • Sunking
    Solar Fanatic
    • Feb 2010

Forget it, you cannot afford it.
    MSEE, PE

Comment

• Mike90250
      • May 2009

If you can afford it, this is what it will take to power a 2,000w induction cooker.

a) 3,000 watt pure sine inverter {if run on 24V, will consume 95 amps from batteries.}
      You can buy a cheaper inverter, which will fry the induction cooker in a few hours.

b) if used for 1.5 hours of cooking per day, will consume about 145 amp hours @ 24V or
      3,480 watt hours.

c) battery recharge will require 3480 x 1.3 = 4524 watt hours solar harvest. A very sunny,
      4 hour solar day in winter, means you need a 1,500W PV array. (it has to be sized up a bit
      because PV panels don't output their nameplate when warm in the sun)

d) batteries - ouch, this is where it really hurts. Batteries don't like to discharge more than 10% rate
      of their label, so a 100 ah battery, depletes fast, at 10a discharge. You are looking at 95 amps
      at 24V, or 45amps at 48V of battery. So a 48V, 500 ah battery bank would be required, and it would be working very hard, and be consumed in 2 years. 24V would need a 1,000 ah battery.

Price it out, and it's very costly. Add the mounting for the panels, wire harness, circuit breakers and fuses, charge controller, and it's a tidy sum of money. And if you have a cloudy day, you HAVE to run the generator, or better yet, use the fuel to cook over.
      Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
      || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
      || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
      gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

• need2knowmore
        • Jun 2013

Thanks for reply.
        If the 2000 watts are too much to effort for solar panel then I show advertisement in news paper and online on net about solar induction cooker. How much watt they consume?

Mike90250:
        Thanks for your information. I have no idea but I will try to find out the way to use it otherwise I have to use gas again. Gas and electricity both are expensive thats why I was thinking about to use sun light but it might be more expensive.

If you guys any more idea to use sun light in kitchen at bit cheap way then share please.

Comment

• Sunking
          Solar Fanatic
          • Feb 2010

Originally posted by need2knowmore
          Gas and electricity both are expensive
          No where near as expensive as off grid solar. If you have electric power to your house, you are already using the least expensive energy source.
          MSEE, PE

Comment

• Sunny Solar
            Solar Fanatic
            • May 2012

Think about a solar cooker, Can be built using cheap materials and costs nothing to run. Use it during the day to either completely cook the mid day and evening meal or use it to partially cook the evening meal and finish cooking on gas/electricity.

They work believe it or not even on winter days.

Cost to build solar cooker less than cost of one truck use size 12v battery..

Comment

• Kripalu
              • Mar 2015

I am using induction cooker since 2013

Originally posted by need2knowmore
              hello friends,
              I am new here and this first post here too. I just bought new induction cooker and now I want to put solar panel for that so my family can use this for most of stuff that want to cook. It print on instruction manual that it take 2000 watt. Now I am looking for solar panel that give me this power for my induction cooker. Please guys give me guideline about. I am from India.
              Thanks
              It the inverter capacity above 3KVa can run the induction cooker not the panels. Last two years I have been using induction cooker for 3hrs per day average. I have 1.6Kilowatt panels and 3.5KVa DSP Sinewave inverter.
              Hope you got answer.

Comment

• SunEagle
                Super Moderator
                • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Kripalu
                It the inverter capacity above 3KVa can run the induction cooker not the panels. Last two years I have been using induction cooker for 3hrs per day average. I have 1.6Kilowatt panels and 3.5KVa DSP Sinewave inverter.
                Hope you got answer.
                What does your battery system consist of?

I doubt a 1.6kw solar array will power an induction cooker through a 3.5kva inverter without a constant voltage and amp supply somewhere in between.

Comment

• Kripalu
                  • Mar 2015

Induction Cooker

I am using 160AH tall tubular battrey 4 nos. and my induction is 1600w power. I also using immersion heater 1000w. Almost 2 years I have not faced any problem.

Comment

• SunEagle
                    Super Moderator
                    • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Kripalu
                    I am using 160AH tall tubular battrey 4 nos. and my induction is 1600w power. I also using immersion heater 1000w. Almost 2 years I have not faced any problem.
                    That makes sense. You have a 1600 watt load (I presumed used during the sunniest part of the day), 1600 watt solar array and a 160Ah 48volt battery system which is a pretty balanced system and works for you.

The OP has a 2000watt heater so will need an array around 2k watts plus a bigger battery system and charge controller then you have. We are now starting to talk some big dollars which he might not have.

Comment

• shweta
                      • Apr 2016

Induction oven is a perfect invention for those who can use solar panel for electricity as it needs huge amount of electricity and is not at all recommendable for places with low power supply.Great information from these posts
                      Last edited by Mike90250; 04-07-2016, 11:01 AM. Reason: spam link remeoved

Comment

• Sunking
                        Solar Fanatic
                        • Feb 2010

Originally posted by shweta
                        Induction oven is a perfect invention for those who can use solar panel for electricity as it needs huge amount of electricity and is not at all recommendable for places with low power supply.Great information from these posts
                        You are an idiot. There is no such thing as an Induction Oven. Cook Top and Pots yes, Oven no.
                        Last edited by Sunking; 04-07-2016, 12:29 PM.
                        MSEE, PE

Comment

• SunEagle
                          Super Moderator
                          • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Sunking
                          You are an idiot. There is no such thing as an Induction Oven. Cook Top and Pots yes, Oven no.
                          Well that guy was banned so what he was is immaterial now.

Comment

• Logan005
                            Solar Fanatic
                            • Nov 2015

you need an old Satellite dish and some aluminium tape.
                            4X Suniva 250 watt, 8X t-105, OB Fx80, dc4812vrf

Comment

• Sunking
                              Solar Fanatic
                              • Feb 2010

Originally posted by SunEagle

Well that guy was banned so what he was is immaterial now.
                              Yeah I figured such with the SPAM he was serving.
                              MSEE, PE

Comment

Working...