X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scorpius trackers
    • Mar 2013

Hello all Solar energy members.

Hi am James I representing to my Solar company - Our company provides all types of Solar Trackers for PV module system. We have trackers for Single axis, double axis solar panels.

Mod note - If you wish to advertise contact user name Jason -

Last edited by russ; 05-09-2013, 12:14 PM. Reason: company name removed
  • solarIdiot
    • Apr 2013

Hi James,
    Those are a nice looking product. It is interesting, yours do not require any type of maintenance?
    Does tracking when fairly close to the equator make a difference?
    Thanks

Comment

• Korros
      • Apr 2013

Howdie from a new member

Just wanted to say HI.

I hope to learn much about solar power to support mobile amateur radio operations.

Comment

• SunEagle
        Super Moderator
        • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Korros
        Just wanted to say HI.

I hope to learn much about solar power to support mobile amateur radio operations.
        I remember way back in the day when I had my amateur ham license where I worked with the local Civil Defense teams.

We would have something called a Field Day where we would set up over a dozen transmitters using different frequencies to practice communicating with Teams in other states as if there was a national catastrophe where the normal communications systems had gone down.

All of our power was either from generators or batteries. I was in charge of a 6 meter portable yellow transmitter either called or made by Gonset. I remember having a battery pack to make it work. The system was designed as a true portable communication system.

Having a solar charging system for a mobile radio system seems like a great use of this technology.

Comment

• Korros
          • Apr 2013

Originally posted by SunEagle
          I remember way back in the day when I had my amateur ham license where I worked with the local Civil Defense teams.

We would have something called a Field Day where we would set up over a dozen transmitters using different frequencies to practice communicating with Teams in other states as if there was a national catastrophe where the normal communications systems had gone down.

All of our power was either from generators or batteries. I was in charge of a 6 meter portable yellow transmitter either called or made by Gonset. I remember having a battery pack to make it work. The system was designed as a true portable communication system.

Having a solar charging system for a mobile radio system seems like a great use of this technology.
          Good deal! That's what I want to use it all for, Field Day is coming up and I have my pannels and battery ready to go.

Comment

• SunEagle
            Super Moderator
            • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Korros
            Good deal! That's what I want to use it all for, Field Day is coming up and I have my pannels and battery ready to go.
            Unless you already have a battery matched up to your transmitter the size will be determined by the amount of wattage it draws over a time period.

We didn't have any deep cycle or rechargeable batteries when I used the Gonset 6 Communicator. It came with (if i remember correctly) a big 6 volt EverReady battery.

Depending on the battery you are using you need to make sure you have enough solar pv wattage and the correct battery charger. If you are using a MPPT charger then the panel wattage = the battery AH rating. (100watts = 100Ah). If you are using a PWM charger then you will need about 33% more panel wattage. (133 watts = 100Ah). That is because the PWM type charger technology will only be able to use about 67% of the panel wattage.

Hope you enjoy your Field Day and I will pray for sunshine. A wet Field Day is no fun at all.

Comment

Working...