Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP MIke a great man who will be missed

Hi All,

It is with great sadness that I recently heard that long time Solar Panel Talk Moderator/Member/Good Bloke, Mike90250 has passed away. My condolences to Mike's family and friends and indeed fellow SPT members who will be saddened by the loss of perhaps our finest ever contributor.

Mike had a way of cutting right to the point and explaining things that I think showed what a good and knowledgeable guy he was, I read many of his posts as i know many others did. MIke was my go to guy when I didn't understand something as he was for many others. He had a history in electronics and his solar knowledge was world class, thanks for what you did for this forum Mike.

RIP you will be missed.

Was wondering about Mike as he had not posted for some time. He put in a lot of effort to help people on this form and the one before.

Comment

Mike seemed a good man.
      I learned a lot from his posts.
      I often thought I would like to have met him.
      This place will not be the same without his input.

Rest in peace Mike.

J.P.M.

Comment

Originally posted by solar pete View Post
        Hi All,

It is with great sadness that I recently heard that long time Solar Panel Talk Moderator/Member/Good Bloke, Mike90250 has passed away. My condolences to Mike's family and friends and indeed fellow SPT members who will be saddened by the loss of perhaps our finest ever contributor.

Mike had a way of cutting right to the point and explaining things that I think showed what a good and knowledgeable guy he was, I read many of his posts as i know many others did. MIke was my go to guy when I didn't understand something as he was for many others. He had a history in electronics and his solar knowledge was world class, thanks for what you did for this forum Mike.

RIP you will be missed.
        Thanks Pete. I could have not said it any better. Our prayers are for Mike's family

Comment

Very sorry to hear this. Mike was a very respectful person with a wealth of practical information. He will be sadly missed.

Comment

I remember Mike’s willingness to answer questions when I was getting started. He also told us how he ran his orchard off grid, and once posted this article on his truffle experience:

https://wordofmouthmendo.com/word-of...de-of-patience

Comment

Hopefully his wife is being able to deal with the off grid system considering all the snow Northern Cal is getting.

Comment

Originally posted by SunEagle View Post
                Hopefully his wife is being able to deal with the off grid system considering all the snow Northern Cal is getting.
                To the extent that off-site help is any useful help at all, I bet she could use this site as a source of some info. I'm quite sure I'd do what I could.
                I'd only respectfully suggest that the MODs act as the channel for info as a privacy issue.

Just a thought: Anyone get ahold of Sunking ? Probably one of the best info sources around.

J.P.M.

Comment

Dereck's doing good, just busy

Comment

Rest in peace

Comment

Originally posted by sdold View Post
                      Dereck's doing good, just busy
                      I'm sure. Just wondering if he knows about Mike's passing.

Comment

Originally posted by J.P.M. View Post

I'm sure. Just wondering if he knows about Mike's passing.
                        He does. I chatted with him in email a bit and let him know. He's heavily involved in radio projects and hasn't been involved in solar as much lately. Hopefully he'll pay a visit soon.

Comment

100% chance of tears today.
                          MSEE, PE

Comment

Saddened. Always Helpful
                            285Wx9 / MNClassic 150 / CSW4024 / TrojanL16H-ACx4

Comment

I just saw your post and I wanted to say how sorry I am for the loss of Mike90250. It's never easy saying goodbye to someone who made such a positive impact in a community. From what you've shared, it sounds like Mike was not only really knowledgeable, but also a genuinely great person. Having someone like that around, especially when you're trying to understand things, is so comforting. It's clear how much he meant to you and others on this forum. As a newbie here, it's really nice to see the strong bond you all had with him. Let's remember him and keep those footstones for graves as a reminder of the wisdom he shared. Rest in peace, Mike.
                              Last edited by FelicityChase; 08-28-2023, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X