Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy 2018 solar panel talkers

Hi All,

Just wanted to say HAPPY NEW YEAR to all the peeps out there. I had the quietest new years ever, just hung out with me old dad up the county and watched the cricket, go the strikers.

Happy New Year Pete.

We also had a good year with us moving to our new home in the country. I now have 2 1/2 acres that I can plan my ground mount system.

I might even get it built before I loss the Fed Tax rebate.

Comment

Originally posted by SunEagle View Post
      Happy New Year Pete.

We also had a good year with us moving to our new home in the country. I now have 2 1/2 acres that I can plan my ground mount system.

We are celebrating a negative 17 F this morning, but sunny. Keep after that new PV design. Projects
      always take longer than you think, an hour project takes most of the day, and a day project may run
      into the next week. It only gets worse after retirement. Bruce Roe

Comment

Originally posted by bcroe View Post
        Projects always take longer than you think, an hour project takes most of the day, and a day project may run
        into the next week. It only gets worse after retirement. Bruce Roe
        Except maybe that along with retirement comes a bit of freedom from the inexorable tyranny of the project schedule and the need to answer to the client about schedule slippage and cost variances, and the critical path and schedule reshuffles imposed as a result of others dropping the ball, with the result being no more than more balls to keep in the air to get back on schedule and maintain profitability.

Backside of all that hassle relief is you got no one else to blame for schedule slippage.

Comment

Originally posted by J.P.M. View Post

Except maybe that along with retirement comes a bit of freedom from the inexorable tyranny of the project schedule and the need to answer to the client about schedule slippage and cost variances, and the critical path and schedule reshuffles imposed as a result of others dropping the ball, with the result being no more than more balls to keep in the air to get back on schedule and maintain profitability.

Backside of all that hassle relief is you got no one else to blame for schedule slippage.
          Apparently, you are single ( client = spouse )

Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
          || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
          || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
          gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

Originally posted by Mike90250 View Post

Apparently, you are single ( client = spouse )
            Once we decide project scope, better or worse, SWMBO status aside, Spouse and I don't fool w/the one running the project. We're @ the start of a deck replacement & needed remedial items around the exterior, & I'm it. Project scope's been defined/argued & RFP's are out to vendors. It's all mine now. Goal is to be done by Labor day. SWMBO runs'em her may. I run'em my way. Each according to their capabilities.

Comment

Once we decide project scope, better or worse, SWMBO status aside, Spouse and I don't fool w/the one running the project. We're @ the start of a deck replacement & needed remedial items around the exterior, & I'm it. Project scope's been defined/argued & RFP's are out to vendors. It's all mine now. Goal is to be done by Labor day. SWMBO runs'em her may. I run'em my way. Each according to their capabilities.
              Sounds like a good strategy.

I wish my wife would follow the same rules. While she is very talented with her new ideas, she lacks the ability to run a project with a plan B or C. Never really has any contingency plan.

Comment

Sounds like a good strategy.

I wish my wife would follow the same rules. While she is very talented with her new ideas, she lacks the ability to run a project with a plan B or C. Never really has any contingency plan.
                Live by the project schedule. Die by the project schedule. To me, a small part of successful proj. mgmt was and is having and keeping situational awareness and prearranged contingency plans. But plans are always easier than execution. That's where leadership comes in. Google: USMC + RP-0103 for details.

Comment

Live by the project schedule. Die by the project schedule. To me, a small part of successful proj. mgmt was and is having and keeping situational awareness and prearranged contingency plans. But plans are always easier than execution. That's where leadership comes in. Google: USMC + RP-0103 for details.
                  +1. Yeah. My 40+ years as a PM seems to conflict with my wife's 40+ years of artistic talents.

I like to plan. She likes to create.

Comment

Being retired doesn't really relieve one of schedules, but the pressure is less. Not everyone is concerned
                    with schedules, and that difference includes those living here. Projects, mine are mine, but when she
                    starts one, all mine come to a halt. Bruce Roe

Comment

Originally posted by bcroe View Post
                      Being retired doesn't really relieve one of schedules, but the pressure is less. Not everyone is concerned
                      with schedules, and that difference includes those living here. Projects, mine are mine, but when she
                      starts one, all mine come to a halt. Bruce Roe
                      As long as neither gets in the way of project execution, it's all good.

Comment

Happy New Year Pete.

WOOO HOOO ....good to hear SunEagle. Hope you keep us posted on the new ground mount, some discussion around design's and brands of stuff would be fun, but hey its your show and I know the old adage about to many cooks etc............. Cheers

Comment

Working...
                        X