Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solar Industry driving employment in the USA

Howdy All,

Got an email from http://www.seia.org/blog/strength-nu...setting-growth the other day and found it interesting reading.

The solar industry is growing jobs faster than any other industry and the new regime claim to be about American jobs then surely they must continue to support this thriving industry. This rubbish about "sell all /buy all" sounds to me to be just plain wrong at best and at worst probably illegal and certainly immoral.

We are updating our State Based incentives pages for solarreviews.com at the moment and I have found that the differences in the state based solar incentives quite strange. I expected to see more uniformity I suppose. Anyhow I like the way Minnesota have an incentive available if you use locally made solar panels (and or inverters I think) sounds like a good way to create more jobs in the USA.

I think I will start a section in the forum for State Based Solar Incentives/ Issues, it may take a little time, got to finish updating all the state pages first.

Cheers

Originally posted by solar pete View Post
    Howdy All,

Got an email from http://www.seia.org/blog/strength-nu...setting-growth the other day and found it interesting reading.

The solar industry is growing jobs faster than any other industry and the new regime claim to be about American jobs then surely they must continue to support this thriving industry. This rubbish about "sell all /buy all" sounds to me to be just plain wrong at best and at worst probably illegal and certainly immoral.

We are updating our State Based incentives pages for solarreviews.com at the moment and I have found that the differences in the state based solar incentives quite strange. I expected to see more uniformity I suppose. Anyhow I like the way Minnesota have an incentive available if you use locally made solar panels (and or inverters I think) sounds like a good way to create more jobs in the USA.

I think I will start a section in the forum for State Based Solar Incentives/ Issues, it may take a little time, got to finish updating all the state pages first.

Cheers
    I believe the job market from solar is moving around. There has been a major drop in Nevada and Arizona. Mostly due to the Net metering changes which has reduce the number of new installs.

But you have places in the North East (cold and dark there for a lot of months so go figure) which are now installing like crazy. Maybe they are worried about some of the State incentives going away.

Hopefully the new installs will keep growing in all states. Since I now have a short term plan to build my retirement home I also am working on the costs of a ground base system around 6kw.
    Last edited by SunEagle; 02-07-2017, 08:42 PM. Reason: added last sentence

Comment

Working...
    X