Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All New Members Read This

Hi All,

At the moment all new member registrations are being sent for moderation, that just means they cant post until they have been approved. This is being trialed to try to slow / stop spammers.

So new members please be patient as it could take anywhere from hours to a day before you get approved to post, as its a manual process and we dont sit here monitoring the site 24 /7. Please remember that posting links in your post will also result in that post being sent to moderation before it is published. So once you are approved to post dont put any website links in your post or it wont appear as its been shunted of to moderation before it gets published and it could take a day to see your post live.

Merry Christmas everybody.
    Last edited by solar pete; 03-24-2019, 05:57 PM.

It's hard to tell a spammer sometimes from their login info, but you can sure tell when they start posting. If possible, it might be less work to let them create an account, but send their posts to moderation until they prove to be legit.

Comment

Howdy Guys, your on the money Steve. We have a few things we are going to do to stop spammers, one as you mentioned, the other is, currently all new members have to wait until I either approve or delete them from the system, this method has almost stopped spam but is very time consuming and slows down genuine posters.

To all new members, please be patient while we phase in a few new procedures, it may take hours to get approved but when you are approved you will be sent an email with a link you need to click on to activate your account so you can post. REMEMBER to check YOUR spam filter, sometimes the email will end up there, or white list solarpaneltalk.com emails and you should be fine

Comment

Originally posted by cnote View Post
        Sorry to hijack a thread, but how the heck do I post a new topic?
        Hi, if you do not see the "New Topic" button, as shown in the screenshot below, I imagine Solar Pete will address this for you as soon as he sees this?

image_10683.jpg

EDIT: I found a response HERE that addresses your issue. Why you can reply, but not start a new topic, is beyond me. That would not prevent SPAMMERs from posting on the site?

Last edited by ILFE; 02-17-2018, 09:11 PM.
        Paul

Comment

Ok so as someone else mentioned this is as probably good a thread as any for the newbs to hijack, so once again, all new members can only respond to an existing thread like this one, they wont be able to see the +New Topic button until they have been approved and clicked on the your approved email we send them and clicked on the link, when I am able to check in several time a day to approve new users we have no issues, the issues pop up when I dont get a chance or am asleep or forget , we do want to get back to an automated system again but who knows how long that could take, Out IT team views panel talk as a pesky inconvenience and its firmly at the bottom of the list of their priority's, oh well, it is what it is

Comment

Well if you read this thread you would know it takes time to get approved, You have now been approved but I dont like your handle so I am going to change it and email you to let you know the details, the forum is very sensitive to those who seek to use this place for self promotion and your handle appears to be an online fleabay store??

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBell
              Ah, more screening I suppose.
              I guess I'll just give up and abandon this site.
              Too bad, it had potential!
              3 minutes, and no instant gratification.
              Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
              || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
              || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
              gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

PMs are disabled on this site.

Comment

Originally posted by kramedt
                  Sorry if this isn't the right place for this post, but how do I get my account approved to submit new topics?
                  The admins will get to it, just give them a day or two. In the mean time, have fun reading and welcome aboard.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike90250

The Mods can see you, but the Admins are the ones that "allow" your posting setting. Sorry..
                    Thanks Mike - I will hang around and wait for the heavy lifting to be completed by the admins.

Comment

I am new here waiting on my account to be unlocked so that I can post. Looking forward to learning!

Comment

Hello Zachl and welcome to Solar Panel Talk

Hang in there our Admin should be in later to approve your ability to post.

Comment

Originally posted by ZachI
                          Do you know about what time EST? I have a lot of questions and have been looking all morning to get as many answers as possible.
                          Gonna take some time, the admin that approves it, is all the way in Australia, and it takes a while to get the electrons across the states to the HS Fiber underwater.
                          Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
                          || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
                          || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
                          gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

Originally posted by Mike90250 View Post

Gonna take some time, the admin that approves it, is all the way in Australia, and it takes a while to get the electrons across the states to the HS Fiber underwater.
                            I bet the contrary electron spin caused by the reversal of the Coriolis force in the southern hemisphere has something to do with it.

Comment

OK it seems that I can reply to threads just fine.. but I can't post new topics yet..
                              Will wait until a moderator approves my account I guess.. Thanks in advance

Comment

Working...
                              X