Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Everybody

Hi All,

Just wanted to let you know comments are now disabled. The mods and I found it awkward.

In other news, we will be upgrading to the latest version of the forum software soon, this should be done in the next week or two hopefully. (shouldn't notice any difference, might get rid of New Topic button)

Thanks to those guys who report spam this is very helpful in the never ending fight against the scumbag spammers.

Just a word on links and posting pic's, I hate links, all links, but I know its a necessary evil at times. Non reciprocal links hurt our google page rankings and it's now my life's mission to improve our google page rank. Anyone that knows anything about doing that please feel free to chime in. Oh pictures..while they are cool can we please size them as small as possible and keep it to a bare minimum, Mike's running out of internet

Thanks a bunch to all the regulars and Mods who keep the place running

Over and out for now

P.S while I like a good debate as much as the next person can we please remember to keep it civil, we are trying to run a classy show here

+1 on keeping it classy!

I won't miss the comments; quoted replies seem sufficient.

I hope the update makes it harder for the spammers to register and post!

Comment

Hi Pete. Would it be better if links were not hyperlinks, but plain text instead? People could copy and paste them, but maybe they wouldn't be indexed by search engine bots.

Comment

Howdy Guys, I like the idea about non hyperlinks I think that would help us a lot, I was talking to someone the other day who has experience with forums and he said the page rank crews like SEM rush and Google just dont like forum's anymore where in the past they used to. I suspect its got something to do with the increased number of spammers in recent years, sometimes spammers register and never post but hide links in their profile page and they dont get seen by anyone, except perhaps the bots, although one of our IT guys dosnt think the bots would spider the profile pages so who knows

Comment

Working...
        X