No announcement yet.

Solar Panel Talk gets a face lift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just noticed the "New Topics" button to the right of "New Posts". That was probably there before, but I didn't see it. It solves part of the fluffiness problem for me.

Comment

Originally posted by DanKegel View Post
      I just noticed the "New Topics" button to the right of "New Posts". That was probably there before, but I didn't see it. It solves part of the fluffiness problem for me.
      I agree... the "New Posts" button is a hot mess now, I've shifted to using the "Today's posts" and "New topics" links.
      CS6P-260P/SE3000 - http://tiny.cc/ed5ozx

Comment

Originally posted by sensij View Post

I agree... the "New Posts" button is a hot mess now, I've shifted to using the "Today's posts" and "New topics" links.
        While the "New posts" collects all new posts I found by going to the last one it allowed me to quickly reduce a group of posts all associated with one thread.

My problem is not being able to keep up sometimes during the day since I also am at work and can spend just a little time on the forum so it takes some time to go through all of the "flagged and moderated" posts first which IMO is more important to clear up issues before I get to read new things.
        Last edited by SunEagle; 04-18-2016, 08:03 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by SunEagle View Post

My problem is not being able to keep up sometimes during the day since I also am at work and can spend just a little time on the forum so it takes some time to go through all of the "flagged and moderated" posts first which IMO is more important to clear up issues before I get to read new things.
          Ditto.
          Spent the last couple days lambing, the sheep are dropping lambs all over. Didn't get much sleep last 2 days, we have to lock them in to keep them safe from coyotes.

And I see we still have to plug in a substitute link, to replace a spam link.

20160414_114909.jpg

Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
          || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
          || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
          gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

Hey Guys, we are on to it, seems vbulletin in their infinate wisom has set it up to work as it does, Glenn is on to it but I think he is busy at the moment we only get a few hours on a weekend generally. Cute lambs Mike, I think I know how you feel, I grew up on a farm with about 300 sheep + or - , dad would have us out on fox patrol till the wee hours for a couple of weeks, we had issue with crows as well, the dirty bastards would just pluck out their eyes and tongue, got pretty good with the old .22 ....thanks for putting up with the teething problems, we have a new patch that we need to install that has a bunch of fixes on it apparently, hopefully that will get done this week, cheers

Comment

Does this new forum software support private messages? I can't seem to find a way to send a PM. --mapmaker
              ob 3524, FM60, ePanel, 4 L16, 4 x 235 watt panels

Comment

Originally posted by mapmaker View Post
                Does this new forum software support private messages? I can't seem to find a way to send a PM. --mapmaker
                PMs were disabled as it encouraged "referral farming" (?). Alas.

Comment

I feel like my posts are now all being moderated, whereas before they weren't. Has that changed?

Comment

Originally posted by createthis View Post
                    I feel like my posts are now all being moderated, whereas before they weren't. Has that changed?
                    Most posts that contain links are now subject to moderation. This is probably a transition stage too.
                    SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

fwiw the moderation is fast.

Comment

Originally posted by DanKegel View Post
                        fwiw the moderation is fast.
                        I try to keep up with the posts but I sometimes get backordered.

Comment

If you want to include links without moderation, make the post with just prose, then go back and edit it to add the link.

(yes, I'm counting on spammers to not read this thread and abuse the loophole)
                          CS6P-260P/SE3000 - http://tiny.cc/ed5ozx

Comment

Hello solar panel talkers, the internet seems to be working tonight in my new digs in the Northern Territory bit of a rare event all the planets must be in alignment, cheers

Comment

Working...
                            X