Solar will Suck up all the Sun?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solar will Suck up all the Sun?

Well I thought this was a prank of some type until I read it (well most of it) North Carolina town rejects solar farm over fears it would suck up all the energy from the Sun.

Oh Dear, (to the sound of dueling banjo's)............ there takin our sun...........

Here is the link http://www.ibtimes.com/north-carolin...gy-sun-2223726

Sad that people fear things that they don't understand but are willing to quickly believe others even if they make claims without any scientific proof.

It only re-enforces my fear that most people are just sheep.

Comment

Well Solar as we all know if full of Hot Air.
      MSEE, PE

Comment

Originally posted by SunEagle View Post
        Yep Americans are like Sheep, you can easily lead them to Slaughter. Only difference is instead of using Alfalfa, all you need is a Cheeseburger or promise them Free Stuff to lure them in no questions asked.
        MSEE, PE

Comment

Originally posted by SunEagle View Post
          Sad that people fear things that they don't understand but are willing to quickly believe others even if they make claims without any scientific proof.

Howdy Suneagle, I have bugged greg about that, I just went into admin and changed a setting, dont know if that will help or not, I suppose this is a test then

Comment

"Knowledge is limited while ignorance, has no limits".

Pande Bechan Sharma

Comment

Originally posted by Sunking View Post
              Yep Americans are like Sheep, you can easily lead them to Slaughter. Only difference is instead of using Alfalfa, all you need is a Cheeseburger or promise them Free Stuff to lure them in no questions asked.
              I don't see the need for the humorous font for some things that are dead nuts on the mark.

Comment

I've wondered whether the weather could be affected by too many wind turbines. Of course climate change and its resultant more radical weather would probably swamp that out....
                BSEE, R11, NABCEP, Chevy BoltEV, >3000kW installed

Comment

Originally posted by solarix View Post
                  I've wondered whether the weather could be affected by too many wind turbines. Of course climate change and its resultant more radical weather would probably swamp that out....
                  Have you seen the Beaumont pass headed into Palm Springs ? No changes there in ~ 25 years since first saw them. Just the dirt moving around in different ways.

Comment

Originally posted by solar pete View Post
                    Well I thought this was a prank of some type until I read it (well most of it) North Carolina town rejects solar farm over fears it would suck up all the energy from the Sun.

Oh Dear, (to the sound of dueling banjo's)............ there takin our sun...........

Here is the link http://www.ibtimes.com/north-carolin...gy-sun-2223726
                    And where would it be sucked up to ? Eventually all the energy will get rejected to the atmosphere and/or radiated to space as part of the planet's energy balance.

Aside from that, the article's subject is no more than a bunch of mindless B.S. of the type as exemplified by that nitwitted retired teacher that was mentioned.

Mayberry morons.

Comment

Originally posted by J.P.M. View Post
                      Aside from that, the article's subject is no more than a bunch of mindless B.S. of the type as exemplified by that nitwitted retired teacher that was mentioned.
                      That is why Teachers teach. Schools and universities are full of them.
                      MSEE, PE

Comment

Originally posted by Sunking View Post
                        That is why Teachers teach. Schools and universities are full of them.
                        To wit: "Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach."

Comment

Seems to me that there are some web sites and forums that believe everything they read without checking
                          it out. smh http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...ng-suns-energy

Comment

Originally posted by Legacy View Post
                            Seems to me that there are some web sites and forums that believe everything they read without checking
                            it out. smh http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...ng-suns-energy
                            Point taken, but I'd guess the town council still rejected the solar farm for perhaps reasons unstated in the ibtimes piece.

Where's fact check when you need them ?

Comment

That's my guess, I didn't see anyone quoted as saying anything about "Sucking up the sun's energy", it just sounds like they don't want a solar farm and need to come up with a reason..

Comment

Working...
                              X