Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California Fires

Hi All,

Just wanted to send out the best wishes of the forum to all our CA members who might be around the fires going on at the moment. Stay safe and good luck people.

80 miles from me, going away, but the smoke was so thick today, I didn't even break 4Kwh harvest, when I usually have 16Kwh.
    It seems like most of Lake County has now burned (I'm calling it Fire County, even if it does have a lake in the middle), last night 3 small cities burned in the county, schools, houses, gas stations, real bad.
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

From the video I've seen, virtual fire storms. Horrific. Plus the hydrants apparently went dry in at least one town. Stay safe all you left coasters!

Comment

Placerville is close enough (to the NW) to the Butte fire that we have had yellow smoky skies for the last five days, and often a heavy smell of smoke in the air. But we are far enough from the fire that there is no current danger from it. A helicopter with a bucket just flew over our house yesterday afternoon. Not sure where it was going. Dropping retardant on the main fire is difficult because of the thick smoke.
        It almost rained today though.
        We do know some people who are in the recommended and mandatory evacuation areas.
        SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

Originally posted by inetdog View Post
          Placerville is close enough (to the NW) to the Butte fire that we have had yellow smoky skies for the last five days, and often a heavy smell of smoke in the air. But we are far enough from the fire that there is no current danger from it. A helicopter with a bucket just flew over our house yesterday afternoon. Not sure where it was going. Dropping retardant on the main fire is difficult because of the thick smoke.
          It almost rained today though.
          We do know some people who are in the recommended and mandatory evacuation areas.
          I have heard that some people living in remote areas, not even threatened by current fires, are getting cancellation notices from their insurance companies.

Comment

Hi All,

Here in Anaheim its looking a little overcast and humid, I hope the rain comes and puts the bloody fire out. Glad to hear the panel talkers up in those parts are still with us

Comment

The counties north of San Francisco, got a bit of clouds and rain today, and really helped knock the fires down.

The aftermath is devastating. Many ranches, horses, cattle all gone. Homeowners got out with the clothes on their backs and just 1 vehicle, barns, tractors, all lost too.
              Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
              || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
              || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
              gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

Today they found two bodies in the Butte fire area. Single men who would not evacuate their homes when ordered to.
                Unfortunately there are also a number of people unaccounted for.
                SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

Originally posted by inetdog View Post
                  Today they found two bodies in the Butte fire area. Single men who would not evacuate their homes when ordered to.
                  Unfortunately there are also a number of people unaccounted for.
                  The news is full of terrible reports and deaths relating to the fires and flooding.

I pray for all our members to be aware of their surroundings and stay on alert in case they have to quickly leave. Possessions can be replaced but a life can't.

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by SunEagle View Post
                    The news is full of terrible reports and deaths relating to the fires and flooding.

I pray for all our members to be aware of their surroundings and stay on alert in case they have to quickly leave. Possessions can be replaced but a life can't.
                    Just wanted to send out the best wishes of the forum to all our CA members who might be around the fires going on at the moment. Stay safe and good luck people.

Comment

Working...
                    X