• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • solar pete
    Administrator
    • May 2014

Solar Panel Talk upgrade

Howdy Solar Panel Talkers,

As many of you are no doubt aware we have been having intermittent issues around editing posts. Vassie (co owner and IT guy) have narrowed down the problem to PHP script errors (what ever that means).

We have made some decisions and will be moving SPT to its own new dedicated server and we will hire an experienced programmer to oversee the transition and bring the forum up to the latest version of the software. Its expected this course of action will see the issues resolved.

In other news, being that we will have a programmer working on SPT for a while we can also do some other things, one of the things I want to do is have a button that will allow people to easily write reviews about panels, or inverters, installers, etc and have those go through to Solar Reviews.

We have also had a few business approach us over the last couple of weeks who want to advertise on SPT but we have put off those conversations until we get the forum sorted out. I also want to have a FAQ bit pop up whenever someone new registers, to give them a bit of a users guide, and hopefully take some pressure of the Mods, answering the same question s over and over again gets very annoying after a while.

So I ask the members for any suggestion they may have as we might be able to do a few changes when we get the new programmer on board.

P.S Attention Chinese Hackers

At the rate I am banning Chinese IP addresses there will soon be no one in china able to access our forum. You should know we hold no Credit card details, no one uses there real names, there is absolutely nothing to be gained from trying to hack into our site.
  • Sunking
    Solar Fanatic
    • Feb 2010

Originally posted by solar pete
    P.S Attention Chinese HackersAt the rate I am banning Chinese IP addresses there will soon be no one in china able to access our forum. You should know we hold no Credit card details, no one uses there real names, there is absolutely nothing to be gained from trying to hack into our site.
    They are looking for your members email addresses.
    MSEE, PE

Comment

Working...