Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting article from Chris at SolarReviews.com

Howdy All,

Here is a link to an article by Chris the roving reporter from SolarReviews.com, its about a court decision in Colorado regarding the Colorado Renewable Energy Standard.

http://www.solarreviews.com/news/col...tional_071415/

Cheers
    Pete

"dormant commerce clause" ?????
    SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

Originally posted by inetdog View Post
      "dormant commerce clause" ?????
      hehehehe......gotta love your guys constitution, does anyone know what the dormant commerce clause means?

I'll take a wild guess, I reakon it might apply to a section of industry/commerce that does not change or have any new players enter over a period of time... that might suggest a monopoly or duopoly that I know you guys have anti-trust laws to guard against (that we dont and I think we should have)...., pure wild guess

Comment

Originally posted by solar pete View Post
        hehehehe......gotta love your guys constitution, does anyone know what the dormant commerce clause means?

I'll take a wild guess, I reakon it might apply to a section of industry/commerce that does not change or have any new players enter over a period of time... that might suggest a monopoly or duopoly that I know you guys have anti-trust laws to guard against (that we dont and I think we should have)...., pure wild guess
        I am not familiar with the "dormant commerce clause" either. After I Googled it, and while all legalize is confusing to me, I believe it is related to Interstate Commerce. Where one State can't upset the commerce of another State.

So the Coal industry in Colorado can't interfere with electrical generators in other states that send that power to Colorado.

I am also guessing.

Comment

Originally posted by SunEagle View Post
          I am not familiar with the "dormant commerce clause" either. After I Googled it, and while all legalize is confusing to me, I believe it is related to Interstate Commerce. Where one State can't upset the commerce of another State.

So the Coal industry in Colorado can't interfere with electrical generators in other states that send that power to Colorado.

I am also guessing.
          The Commerce Clause, granting the Federal government the right to regulate interstate commerce has been stretched, almost from the beginning, to allow the Feds to regulate actions that only tangentially, at best, affect interstate commerce. In some cases this is used to give the Congress jurisdiction over things that were not even imagined when the Constitution was written, must less enumerated as Federal matters. In other cases it is just a mighty stretch.

It is the "dormant" part that I have a problem with.

Comment

Originally posted by inetdog View Post
            It is the "dormant" part that I have a problem with.
            Yeah, sounds weird. But evidently it's jargon: http://nationalparalegal.edu/conLawC...erceClause.asp

Comment

Originally posted by DanKegel View Post
              Yeah, sounds weird. But evidently it's jargon: http://nationalparalegal.edu/conLawC...erceClause.asp
              Thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X