• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • solar pete
    Administrator
    • May 2014

New Info from CAL SEIA

Hi All,

The following is info received from CAL SEIA. I have posted it as it seems that time is of the essence. I also removed Brads's contact details as its the weekend and I have not asked if I can post this.

Update:
    CPUC Proposed Decision on PG&E's A-6 Rate
    This week, the CPUC issued a proposed decision on the PG&E rate case that includes the utility’s proposal to reduce eligibility for the A-6 rate. It was not in our favor. It recommends that A-6 be closed to customers larger than 75 kW peak demand as of the adoption of the decision, which is scheduled for July 23.

It does grandfather all customers that are currently on A-6 and allow new customers below 75 kW to go on the rate, although how long grandfathering will continue will be considered again in the near future.

CALSEIA will be pushing for two changes to the proposed decision:
    1. Create a grace period so that customers can go onto A-6 for the next 12 months.
    2. Order PG&E to design a new rate for medium-sized commercial solar customers with demand charges that are lower than standard rates.

If you have customers above 75 kW that have committed to installing solar but will not be interconnected by July 23, the governor and the CPUC need to hear from you and from your customers. Email me if you can write and generate letters

Thank you,
    Brad Heavner
    Policy Director
    CALSEIA
  • J.P.M.
    Solar Fanatic
    • Aug 2013

While that's interesting, I doubt too many residential users will be affected as/if the decision stands. 75 kW is a bit big.

Comment

Working...