X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • J.P.M.
    Solar Fanatic
    • Aug 2013

Originally posted by max2k

Now I know who to ask if I'll be short on harsh reality check . Actually, much appreciated.
    And to repeat, not meant to kick you when you're down. Someone a long time ago told me that not everyone who tells you stuff you might not like is your enemy or trying to hurt/insult you. FWIW, glad to deal with someone who's an adult and a non snowflake.

Comment

• jpeg9999
      • Jul 2017

Vivint Solar reimbursed me $250 of the $499 based on my complaint to a local consumer protection office. So apparently even Vivint agrees that $499 for this job was too much.

Comment

• J.P.M.
        Solar Fanatic
        • Aug 2013

Originally posted by jpeg9999
        Vivint Solar reimbursed me $250 of the $499 based on my complaint to a local consumer protection office. So apparently even Vivint agrees that $499 for this job was too much.
        From my dealings with Vivant, I'd guess they think $1.00 is too much. They paid you off as the least expensive option after you bitched and blew them in. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Glad you got something out of them.

Comment

• cebury
          Solar Fanatic
          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by jpeg9999
          Thats quite a conclusion you've drawn there. If they believed that 499 was too much, would they not have just charged you 250 in the first set of phone calls (negotiations) with them? Calling the consumer protection office did not have an effect? IMO it's easier to pay 250 to quiet down an upset customer threatening even more negative press.

I'm not fond of Vivint's practices, so glad you feel it worked out for you and not them.

Comment

• TundraLu
            • Oct 2017

Originally posted by max2k

Now I know who to ask if I'll be short on harsh reality check . Actually, much appreciated.
            HAHA. JPM stands for Just Pay Me ....j/k This post reminds me of my friends wanting me to fix their Central AC issues practically for free.

Last edited by TundraLu; 11-08-2017, 05:24 PM.

Comment

• ScottCreek
              • Mar 2018

jpeg9999, You should compare the prizes online before hiring one to remove the panels, and as you mentioned this problem is caused by squirrels, so what is the guarantee that if you repair the damage the squirrels won't be back again. You should do something that the squirrels would not come back again to damage the roof again. You can also have a pest infestation from the professionals like zzzzzzzz Stratford CT, New Haven County CT, Naugatuck CT, New-Haven-County CT, Wallingford CT, Ridgefield CT, etc that uses eco-friendly chemical solutions that do not harm anyone around not even pets or you can also find some in your area as well. The professionals will ensure that the squirrels would not return again. This will also ensure that you would not need to call someone again and invest so much money in removing those panels again.

Mod note Refrain from advertising till you get rates from Solar Pete
              Last edited by Mike90250; 03-24-2018, 09:39 AM.

Comment

• Mike90250
                • May 2009

for squirrels - I like the youtube "Does The Squirrelinator Work" or a squirrel pole
                Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
                || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
                || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
                gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

• TundraLu
                  • Oct 2017

Wow, squirrels got into your solar. Ddi they chew on the cables?

Comment

• CA-Salesguy
                    • Apr 2019

Vivint's current policy is $200 plus $100 per panel for removal and storage while you make repairs. If you have a contract with a flat $500 fee be happy it's not much more as those prices have gone the way of the dodo bird.

Comment

Working...