This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vivint Solar

Hi, this is where you can post about your experience with Vivint, if you would like to see over 100 reviews of Vivint click on the link.

Micromanaging Mormons making men meddle door to door daily deceiving deliberately is my diagnosis

Comment

Originally posted by CA-Salesguy View Post
      Micromanaging Mormons making men meddle door to door daily deceiving deliberately is my diagnosis
      +1. Not good experiences with them in my HOA.

Comment

Originally posted by CA-Salesguy View Post
        That is kind of amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by l008com View Post

That is kind of amazing.
          In what way(s) ? Peddlers taking advantage of peoples' self inflicted ignorance. When did the commonplace become amazing ?

Comment

Originally posted by J.P.M. View Post

In what way(s) ? Peddlers taking advantage of peoples' self inflicted ignorance. When did the commonplace become amazing ?
            I took it as his phrasin' was amazin'! Not the content so much..

Comment

I would think 1008com was trolling us except I recall this thread about his experiences with a solar lease.
              https://www.solarpaneltalk.com/forum...-panel-company

The Micromanaging Mormons statement would be much more entertaining if the acronym spelled out something fun to say like "F.L.E.E.C.E.M.E."

Kind of hard to pronounce "MMMMMDTDDD".

Dave W. Gilbert AZ
              6.63kW grid-tie owner

Comment

Signed contract in Oct of 2019, installed Feb of 2020, just finally got the solar connected to the grid at the end of December.
                Our 2 LG batteries are not charging one is not even on. I’ve called support 2 wks ago, said tech would contact in 3 days &nothing Don’t go @VivintSolarSigned contract in Oct of 2019, installed Feb of 2020, just finally got the solar connected to the grid at the end of December.

February 11th the tech came out and updated the software on one LG battery it wasn’t communicating with SolarEdge inverter. Now all is working.
                I called to get access to SolarEdge monitoring portal. Customer service informed me that they couldn’t give me access because then they couldn’t monitor the system if they did.....
                When the first full day of charging for the system at around 6PM Vivint had the batteries discharge to the grid down to 20%.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Veger70; 02-13-2021, 02:06 PM.

Comment

We had the Vivant rep knock on our door a couple of years ago. It is what got us going down the road of installing Solar. Part of his sales pitch was showing us the management system "we do all of the monitoring so you don't have to worry about it", but the system was broken. So he called tech support, and sat on hold for 15 minutes. The tech support person he eventually got was totally useless. Eventually he called another guy in the company who knew who to call to fix the problem.

When their own salesguys get the runaround from support I am definitely not going go with the company. I have little faith that that their "proactive" monitoring system would be worth its salt. We did get a quote from them just for comparison, but they came out the second most expensive of the quotes we got and were using kinda sketchy panels which was the nail in the coffin.

Comment

Originally posted by jandrese View Post
                    We had the Vivant rep knock on our door a couple of years ago. It is what got us going down the road of installing Solar. Part of his sales pitch was showing us the management system "we do all of the monitoring so you don't have to worry about it", but the system was broken. So he called tech support, and sat on hold for 15 minutes. The tech support person he eventually got was totally useless. Eventually he called another guy in the company who knew who to call to fix the problem.

When their own salesguys get the runaround from support I am definitely not going go with the company. I have little faith that that their "proactive" monitoring system would be worth its salt. We did get a quote from them just for comparison, but they came out the second most expensive of the quotes we got and were using kinda sketchy panels which was the nail in the coffin.
                    Vivant is now part of Sunrun - another solar bottom feeding slime operation. both were/are almost as bad as Tesla. I wouldn't let any one of the 3 on my property.

Comment

Working...
                    X