Solar City (Tesla) has abominable service for repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solar City (Tesla) has abominable service for repair

Have had the system for about a year and all worked fine. On July 28, got a notice that the system was not making electricity. Called service and they could not repair it remotely.
    So I scheduled a repair. FOR AUGUST 21 AT THE EARLIEST.
    So I am without power for over 3 weeks and nothing they can do about.
    This is an unacceptable time delay for service.
    Maybe if I had financed the system rather than buying it outright, they would have been more responsive.
    Beware the reputation.

Sorry, Elon has them all busy making cars.

Comment

Originally posted by JSchnee21 View Post
      Sorry, Elon has them all busy making cars.
      And, it seems, making them in tents.

And the new and claimed largest panel factory in the known universe (according to the Musk B.S) employs a whopping 600 people, half of whom are employed by Panasonic, with the plant still producing what are effectively prototype roof tile panels that are going on co. exec's roofs and a few selected customers. See article in the Buffalo News, 08/01/2018.

Hard to be too critical of consumers who swallow the Musk load and bill of goods. He got into the state of NY's knickers for several hundred million $$'s when it funded what may well turn out to be a white elephant in So. Buffalo on the shores of Lake Erie. The plan at this time is to produce roof tile panels in that facility. That application is looking dimmer by the day.

Comment

I have had feedback from Tesla car owners and an Australian agent for Tesla Powerwall batteries and both said the after-sales service of this company sucks. Very unresponsive and uncooperative. Once they sell you the goods, you are on your own seems to be the way with them.

Comment

I am certainly glad to hear that I am not the only one complaining. Still another week to go before they are supposed to show up. Over a month without producing power. This last time I called tech to complain, she said "oh, are you awaiting an inverter replacement", so I am sure they are having equipment as well as service problems.

I am surprised that NO-ONE has written in support of Tesla!

Comment

Originally posted by pathvet View Post
            I am certainly glad to hear that I am not the only one complaining. Still another week to go before they are supposed to show up. Over a month without producing power. This last time I called tech to complain, she said "oh, are you awaiting an inverter replacement", so I am sure they are having equipment as well as service problems.

I am surprised that NO-ONE has written in support of Tesla!
            There will be more.The cons and bad actors eventually float to the surface, just like the big chunks in a cesspit. Musk's time of being a darling is running out.

Comment

The SolarCity/Tesla installers I know brag about how they can install two roofs a day - kinda tells me what their quality level is like.
              BSEE, R11, NABCEP, Chevy BoltEV, >3000kW installed

Comment

Originally posted by solarix View Post
                The SolarCity/Tesla installers I know brag about how they can install two roofs a day - kinda tells me what their quality level is like.
                At least they give you information. That's more than they seem to give their customers, at least from my limited experience in attempting to deal with them in my dealings through the HOA.

Comment

Was Solar City a Musk company originally or did he just buy it and swallow it up?

Comment

Was Solar City a Musk company originally or did he just buy it and swallow it up?
                    It was in the family so to speak. He bailed out his cousins when they couldn't raise the necessary cash to maintain operations, probably because they couldn't sustain the con at the same level he could. So, the can gets kicked down the road by someone with a better kicking foot.
                    Last edited by J.P.M.; 08-13-2018, 11:10 AM.

Comment

wonder if anyone has any recourse against them?

Comment

wonder if anyone has any recourse against them?
                        My HOA threatened them with a lawsuit and they blustered/whined/bitched/etc. but removed the array and undid their unauthorized work on a residence.
                        Last edited by J.P.M.; 08-13-2018, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Wow

Comment

I

Comment

Same, panel inverter "Riso Low" error and it will take them 2 month "October 21st" to have someone out to take a look. I replied "this year?" since they didn't state the year (2019).
                              Panel is PPA with discounts and no escalating fee structure. I have TOU from my energy company so looks like it will be a wallop sized bill from now on... I called and complained and they said I am on "priority waiting list"... yea right we will see.

Comment

Working...
                              X