Solar Monitoring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solar Monitoring

SolarCity doesn't offer an API to download their data so I wrote a Selenium based tool to collect the data and save it and optionally upload it to PVOutput.org. If anyone is interested in it you can find it for free here:
    https://github.com/the-mace/evtools

I've been successfully monitoring with it and automatically tweeting etc for many months.

Nice!

You might add a tiny quick start guide in the README, though.

Comment

Originally posted by DanKegel View Post
      Nice!

You might add a tiny quick start guide in the README, though.
      I know, its not very complex code though. Just messy thanks to the missing API. Selenium is a hack way to do it but its stable and works.

Comment

Absolutely. I was just thinking of the people who don't know offhand how to install python modules.

Comment

With Tesla acquiring Solar City the business model in Oregon has changed to now allow the homeowner to take advantage of all the rebates and tax credits. In fact, the cost of some systems is discounted by almost 80%

MOD NOTE. email removed for security reasons as well as to eliminate any type of direct advertising.

Last edited by SunEagle; 09-05-2016, 07:18 PM. Reason: removed email and added mod note

Comment

Working...
          X