This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SolarCity

Hi All, This is where you can post about your experience with SolarCity you can click on the link to see reviews of SolarCity.

Rated one star on solar reviews.com because that is the lowest possible.

I drive a Tesla, so I was predisposed to trust Tesla Energy (Solar City's new name), but two minutes on the line blew that.

I received a prompt call back from a Las Vegas phone number, even though I live in Orange county. When I told the young woman that my new house was not yet built, she told me that they can't quote a system without my already living in the house and able to provide electricity bills for the house. Pointing out that every other provider can work with a newly built house was of no use.

These people are idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by brucet9 View Post
      Rated one star on solar reviews.com because that is the lowest possible.

I drive a Tesla, so I was predisposed to trust Tesla Energy (Solar City's new name), but two minutes on the line blew that.

I received a prompt call back from a Las Vegas phone number, even though I live in Orange county. When I told the young woman that my new house was not yet built, she told me that they can't quote a system without my already living in the house and able to provide electricity bills for the house. Pointing out that every other provider can work with a newly built house was of no use.

These people are idiots.
      There are a few members in this forum that feel the Tesla company is not what the news believes it is.

That is a shame since I was looking forward to EV's with extended range and affordable by poor people like me.

Comment

Originally posted by SunEagle View Post

There are a few members in this forum that feel the Tesla company is not what the news believes it is.

That is a shame since I was looking forward to EV's with extended range and affordable by poor people like me.
        My car has been wonderful and "fuel" cost is about 4 cents per mile. The motors themselves are manufactured in house and use no rare earth magnets nor other scarce raw materials. I am sure that the $35k priced Model 3 will be equally well built and fun to drive.

Solar City is another thing altogether and I think the merger was a bad move that will hurt Tesla's quality image.

Comment

Since the model 3 is still not available and the true cost may not be the $35k listed I don't necessarily believe what Tesla posts.

I really want to see more EV's but for some reason they have not taken off here in Florida but may become more available in the next 5 years/. I will just have to wait.

Comment

Originally posted by SunEagle View Post
            Since the model 3 is still not available and the true cost may not be the $35k listed I don't necessarily believe what Tesla posts.

You won't have to wait long to see pricing, but you will have to wait to get a car. Even if you put a deposit down today, you would be about number 400,000 in line.
            Production starts in July and the online "design studio" should be available by then; if not public, it will certainly be leaked to Teslarati.com or on Teslamotorsclub.com.

I really want to see more EV's but for some reason they have not taken off here in Florida but may become more available in the next 5 years/. I will just have to wait.

A lot of people are disappointed as you are. Chevy's much ballyhooed Bolt release turned out to be just a compliance car after all. Pity, as it is peppy and has lots of interior space, especially good headroom, but GM has recently admitted that it is a money-loser and is basically selling it only in ZEV states.
            Last edited by inetdog; 06-06-2017, 08:03 PM. Reason: fixed QUOTE tag

Comment

Working...
            X