i want with out battery and inverter

i mean,direct 220 to water pump,1200 watt

so what i need ,how many watt solar panel i need

and which way to wired,plz explain with detail,

i want to use only in day ,sun time,
  • Wy_White_Wolf
    Solar Fanatic
    • Oct 2011

If you wish to do this without batteries or inverter you will need to replace the pump motor with a DC unit. What you listed is AC and solar panels produce DC power.

Comment

• alkhaleejsolar
      • Dec 2012

what u mean,,???don,t under stand,,u mean,we can not produce AC ,voltage from solar,//plz explain,,

Comment

• russ
        Solar Fanatic
        • Jul 2009

Originally posted by alkhaleejsolar
        what u mean,,???don,t under stand,,u mean,we can not produce AC ,voltage from solar,//plz explain,,
        Better get someone on your team that understands at least a small amount about electricity. Solar PV produces DC power only. An inverter converts that to AC
        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

• alkhaleejsolar
          • Dec 2012

nice reply from,our dear sir,

i want to say,that i check a solar panel,back,i remove all diods,
          and now the voltage is ac,its mean,,,when u wired solar cells,it gives ac voltage,but when u put a diode ,its become ,dc,
          so,now i want to say,that,if i remove all diods from panels,,its voltage will be ac,,
          now if i wired 7 panels of 34 volt,in series,34+34.........at leats 238 volt ac,,with out diods,,it will operate any ac project ,for example, selleing fan,its 220 volt and 100 watt..i think
          it will operate.,,,,i think,,,what u say,plz inform,,becoz i am newbie,in solar,,
          i am a mobile phone software and hardware engineer,also i have experience ,electronics,as,tv,,dvd,vcr,,,repairing,

but in solar ,i am new bie,so plz inform,try2understand

Comment

• Naptown
            Solar Fanatic
            • Feb 2011

and now the voltage is ac,its mean,,,when u wired solar cells,it gives ac voltage,but when u put a diode ,its become ,dc,
            so,now i want to say,that,if i remove all diods from panels,,its voltage will be ac,,
            now if i wired 7 panels of 34 volt,in series,34+34.........at leats 238 volt ac,,with out diods,,it will operate any ac project ,for example, selleing fan,its 220 volt and 100 watt..i think
            it will operate.,,,,i think,,,what u say,plz inform,,becoz i am newbie,in solar,,
            i am a mobile phone software and hardware engineer,also i have experience ,electronics,as,tv,,dvd,vcr,,,repairing,

Those diodes you removed do not change the panel to an AC panel. They are for bypassing certain strings of cells and are called bypass diodes. Solar cells do not produce AC they only produce DC.
            You have 2 choices here.
            1 obtain a pump that is designed to run on DC and solar in particular (they are made)
            2 Obtain an inverter, charge controller, and batteries sized properly to run what you wish to run.
            There are no shortcuts
            NABCEP certified Technical Sales Professional

[URL="http://www.solarpaneltalk.com/showthread.php?5334-Solar-Off-Grid-Battery-Design"]http://www.solarpaneltalk.com/showth...Battery-Design[/URL]

[URL]http://www.calculator.net/voltage-drop-calculator.html[/URL] (Voltage drop Calculator among others)

[URL="http://www.gaisma.com"]www.gaisma.com[/URL]

Comment

• russ
              Solar Fanatic
              • Jul 2009

I repeat -

Better get someone on your team that understands at least a small amount about electricity.
              [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

• Mike90250
                • May 2009

Can't you build a shutter to open and close 60 x second, to get wild AC out of a PV panel
                Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
                || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
                || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
                gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

• Wy_White_Wolf
                  Solar Fanatic
                  • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Mike90250
                  Can't you build a shutter to open and close 60 x second, to get wild AC out of a PV panel
                  That might give you the top half of a modified sine wave. What are you going to do to get the bottom half?

Comment

• Naptown
                    Solar Fanatic
                    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Wy_White_Wolf
                    That might give you the top half of a modified sine wave. What are you going to do to get the bottom half?

Finish the rest of the inverter
                    NABCEP certified Technical Sales Professional

[URL="http://www.solarpaneltalk.com/showthread.php?5334-Solar-Off-Grid-Battery-Design"]http://www.solarpaneltalk.com/showth...Battery-Design[/URL]

[URL]http://www.calculator.net/voltage-drop-calculator.html[/URL] (Voltage drop Calculator among others)

[URL="http://www.gaisma.com"]www.gaisma.com[/URL]

Comment

• inetdog
                      Super Moderator
                      • May 2012

Originally posted by Wy_White_Wolf

First of all, that would be the top half of a pure square wave if the shutter is fast enough. And I prefer to call the next step a modified square wave, not a modified sine wave. --inetdog

Just keep thinking outside the box:
                      If you mount two panels back to back on an axle, with the two panels wired with opposite polarity and blocking diodes, then you can just spin the whole array at 3600 RPM and get very close to a true sine wave AC (in current, but not in voltage). Use a smaller fixed DC panel to run the motor. And put the array in a vacuum to reduce air resistance.

You have now converted the electrical problem to one that a mechanical engineer can handle.

Wait, a further brainstorm: Just make the two panels part of a Savonius type VAWT and they will spin by themselves in a high enough wind.
                      SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

• Sunking
                        Solar Fanatic
                        • Feb 2010

Originally posted by inetdog

Just keep thinking outside the box:
                        If you mount two panels back to back on an axle, with the two panels wired with opposite polarity and blocking diodes, then you can just spin the whole array at 3600 RPM and get very close to a true sine wave AC (in current, but not in voltage). Use a smaller fixed DC panel to run the motor. And put the array in a vacuum to reduce air resistance.

You have now converted the electrical problem to one that a mechanical engineer can handle.

Wait, a further brainstorm: Just make the two panels part of a Savonius type VAWT and they will spin by themselves in a high enough wind.
                        Nah there is an easier way. Wire the panels bi-polar, and install a fan blade above them that alternately shades one panel at a time. A whole lot simpler with a lot less mass to rotate and less complexity.
                        MSEE, PE

Comment

• inetdog
                          Super Moderator
                          • May 2012

Originally posted by Sunking
                          Nah there is an easier way. Wire the panels bi-polar, and install a fan blade above them that alternately shades one panel at a time. A whole lot simpler with a lot less mass to rotate and less complexity.
                          I am glad to see some serious thought going into optimizing this approach.
                          I tend to have wild ideas and neglect the practical aspects sometimes.
                          SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

• ws1530
                            • May 2013

AC solar water pump inverter is workable

You could use AC solar pump inverter to achieve your purpose.
                            Solar panels: about 3kW.
                            Inverter: 2.2kW, AC 220V output
                            Pump: AC 220V input, no more than 2.2kW.
                            Regarding cable connecting, pls refer to the image.
                            cable connecting-1.JPG
                            Mod note - advertising is not allowed
                            Last edited by russ; 05-09-2013, 03:55 AM. Reason: ad removed

Comment

• deepakpandey2403
                              • May 2013

No offence meant but I couldn't stop laughing at this kid.

Comment

Working...