DC deep well pumps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you Mike ~
    Water was hit at 260' and drilling ceased at 280'. They hung monster 220v pump at 265'. Drill service agreed to replace with appropriate size solar pump...and I have been doing a lil homework. I spoke w GrundFos and they suggested 3 possible pump options that I can't tell the difference between...the 3SQF-2, 6SQF-3 and 3SQF-3. Objective is to solar power with Honda EU 3000 as alternate option. If you could discern and suggest the best fit...it would be MUCH appreciated.

Mahalo

Comment

Originally posted by wildheart View Post
      Thank you Mike ~
      Water was hit at 260' and drilling ceased at 280'. They hung monster 220v pump at 265'. Drill service agreed to replace with appropriate size solar pump...and I have been doing a lil homework. I spoke w GrundFos and they suggested 3 possible pump options that I can't tell the difference between...the 3SQF-2, 6SQF-3 and 3SQF-3. Objective is to solar power with Honda EU 3000 as alternate option. If you could discern and suggest the best fit...it would be MUCH appreciated. Mahalo
      Are you pumping into a pressure tank ? What pressure ? How much flow ? You answer the questions and you can discover which pump to use. I don't know what your need is
      Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
      || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
      || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
      gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

I used a Shurflo 9300 series pump wired solar direct with a LCB. It's fills a cistern that is then gravity fed to water my orchard. The Shurflo pump is not the best out there but I felt it was a good trade off on price. The pump is rebuildable and has been running for 5 years now without a problem.

It is not a good choice if you wish to run a pressure tank.

Comment

i like the "Simple Pump" brand of solar pumps because the motor is not submersed. have used several dc submersible pumps in the past and found they don't last long because the nature of solar pumps is they need to run slow which means close clearances and seals that wear. when the seals wear out, the motor gets wet.... Use an AC pump whenever possible. another point with pumping is to always avoid sucking water - much better to push it.
          BSEE, R11, NABCEP, Chevy BoltEV, >3000kW installed

Comment

Aloha ~ my intention is to fill a cistern similar to Wy_White_Wolf...and drip my anticipated orchard and water troughs. Also...simply want to be able to fill my drinking water bottle! I noticed the comment on better to push vs pull...interesting, I was under the impression such depth as 265' required a submersible. Perhaps someday when I drop more bones to upgrade my whole house solar system would I be able to get a pressure tank and convert house. Smart dudes rock

Comment

FYI, if you go with a standard AC pump with a variable speed drive (Franklin Electric monodrive) there is no start up surge. The trade off is the price of the drive and complexity.

Comment

Originally posted by wildheart View Post
                Aloha ~ my intention is to fill a cistern similar to Wy_White_Wolf...and drip my anticipated orchard and water troughs. Also...simply want to be able to fill my drinking water bottle! I noticed the comment on better to push vs pull...interesting, I was under the impression such depth as 265' required a submersible. Perhaps someday when I drop more bones to upgrade my whole house solar system would I be able to get a pressure tank and convert house. Smart dudes rock
                The "Simple Pump" that Solarix mentions is similar to the old windmill pumps. The pump is down hole and operated by a rod that is powered above ground level. The Simple Pump uses a hand pump or electric motor to move the rod instead of a wind mill.

Too complicated and too many things to go wrong for my liking. It's easier for me to pull my pump when a rebuild is needed than it would be to pull the "simple pump" and disconnect/connect all of that rod and down pipe when it's pump needs replaced/rebuilt. Plus my setup was about 1/2 of what a simple pump setup would have cost.

265' is too deep for the Shurflo 9300. 230' max so if your static level is higher you might be able to use it. Mine is set at 160' with a static water level of 66'.

Comment

Working...
                X