solar submersible well pump. advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• solar submersible well pump. advice?

My well is approx 350 ft deep. the pump right now is 220 v 3 phase. 1.5 hp. Definitly gonna have to be hefty at that depth id imagine. I have a solar array of 12 220 watt, 29.2 rated volt, 7.54a rated current and midnite classic charge controller. Battery banl atm for cabin just for tv and 12 volt lighting and occasional inline water pump is just 4 12 volt in parallel marine batteries. But will upgrade. Ive looked around. Looks like they range around 1500 upward to 3000 for some i think meet my needs. I have a 2500 reserve so usually just top that off every so often. Not taxing pump too much. any suggestions

You are not going to reliably get a 1.5hp pump to run off a 12v inverter.
    Which will cost less Pull and change the pump to something smaller (do you need a flow rate more then 4 gpm ?) or a new inverter.

Here's a chart to use when selecting an inverter that can handle the pump starting surge for 5 seconds. Few inverters can manage it well.
    When you buy a new pump, chose a 3 wire model with an above ground starting box. That style is slightly easier for an inverter to start

Well Pump Motor Specs.jpg

Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

So my question was that i am interested in buying a submersible solar well pump that runs off of like 24 or whatever dc. not how to use the solar to run the 220v AC that is in now. id like to know advice in a DC POWERED SUBMERSIBLE WELL PUMP that i can from panels and charge controller and battery bank

Comment

You are going to be buying a positive displacement pump which is far more efficient but is usually used differently. The Grudfos SQflex is one brand. These are intended to pump to above ground tank which is then used to supply the house. If you have the terrain, you can set up the above ground tank up hill and run gravity down to use or put a small pump and pressure tank to supply the use.Grunfos has a bunch of free seminars on their website that go into solar water pumping with lots of good info.

Comment

Working...
        X